Roodyrocker's Cobra Inlays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roodyrocker\'s Cobra Inlays

Rhoads56, Jackson now has the pattern/diagram for those inlays from when I sent it in to them to do my guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Joe, You are correct. Not a drop of glue anywhere on the inlays. I haven't reaaly run into any Jacksons with excess glue on the inlays myself.

Shreddermon, Ford is probably still scratching their heads trying to figure out how I got Mystic paint for the guitar let alone the Cobra inlays [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Mystic availability was limited to only 2000 units of the 1996 Mustang Cobra. To get the paint for repairs you had to submit the car's VIN and they would have a rep visually inspect the car. That rep would then determine how much paint the repair would require and if there was any left over it was to be taken back. Nope, my Mystic Cobra Mustang didn't require any repairs and yep, thats Mystic on my Rhoads [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Hmm, How was that done? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] (its a secret) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Rudy
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

WOW... Great attention to detail. I don't even see any glue... I sure it was well worth the price you paid.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Ahhhh that is awesome.

This must be a real ego boost for whoever owns that!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you have a pic of the whole guitar Rudy?

Comment

hey AF. I've got a couple of pics that Rudy sent me a while back. They're pretty big though, and that's after I reduce the size a bit too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Check out the colour change on that finish! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ March 28, 2003, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: VitaminG ]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Oooo that's nice...

Someone's gonna have to set a "Who's Got The Sexiest Guitar On The JCF" poll thread going!

Comment

That is definitely the coolest Rhaods I've ever seen [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I remember the old post. That is possibly the most wicked axe I've seen! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

that is quite possible the most beautiful paint job i have ever seen!!!

i can't believe it. i want it!!!!!!!!!!

please tell pleas tell!!!!!!

how did you get that?!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I just spuzzaged in my pants. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

That was my dream axe. its the first custom shop Jackson I ordered. The paint is made by BASF and as I said earlier, was only available on a few 1996 Mustang Cobras. You couldn't buy the paint except that I discovered a small loophole [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Ford releases all its current models' colors in touych up bottles. That includes the ever elusive Mystic! Yep, I walked right into the parts dept. and bought a batch of touch up bottles in Mystic. Then I called Tim Wilson to discuss it with him. I told him I wanted Mystic and he surprizingly already was familiar with the fact that it was a BASF paint and not available. I told him I had the touch up bottles to send in. At first he was hesitant because the custom shop only uses PPG but he agreed to use the touch up bottles if I sent them in. And there you have the story of how Mystic ended up being on my custom shop Rhoads. Back in January while at the NAMM show some of us toured the custom shop. Tim Wilson says he still has a bit of paint left in case my guitar ever needed any touch up work [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey VitaminG, thanks for posting those pics of my Rhoads again for me. I appreciate it.

Rudy
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wow, I guess dreams really do come true. Cool story, Great guitar!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

awesome, thanx [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Howdy!

Rudy and I ordered our CS Jacksons at the same time, same day some order sheet...and they came in at the same time too! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] They are brothers! We were waiting for Jackson to issue that color but they never did! A funny side note is that we sent them something like 14 bottles of Mystic BASF paint and Tim assured us that he would ship back what they did not use...we never did get it back...hrm...! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] HAHAHAHA! (note: humor and sarcasm for those at home keeping score!)

Anyway that guitar kicks as much a** as you would imagine it does...and I just wanted to post and say that *I* get to play it!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] nanana!!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Maybe we'll get brave and post pics of the infamous MF-1 CS Jackson SL2-H!

Rudy Rocks and so does his Rhoads! That thing is a million times cooler in person! Ohya, ask him about his matching Mustang Cobra! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Be C0ol~
                              Mike

Comment

It really looks great! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anders
                                https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                                X