Charvel model serries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel model serries

Bear with me I am a when did they get rid of the charvel model series 1-6 etc? Are the only charvels made now the EVH and Custom shop models? Thanks
    85 Jackson 87 model1 87 model6

Originally posted by jonipop View Post
    Bear with me I am a when did they get rid of the charvel model series 1-6 etc? Are the only charvels made now the EVH and Custom shop models? Thanks
    The model series were made from 1986 to 1988. 1986 models often had Kahler trem bridges. In 1987 the Kahlers were replaced with the Jackson JT-6 Floyd clone. In 1989 the model series was upgraded, and the "Toothpaste logo" replaced the "Guitar logo". The series met its demise sometime in 91/92, and was replaced by cheaper, more "retro looking" Charvel models.

Today, there are the USA-made EVH models and San Dimas series, as seen on http://www.charvelguitars.com/. There are also still import Charvels being made, but only for the japanese market: http://www.jacksonstars.com/

Comment

thanks for the info I also noticed Jackson makes an entry level guitar is this a recent thing since it was sold back in the day? Are they decent?

Comment

Originally posted by jonipop View Post
        Are they decent?
        If you consider the DK2(M), they are quite awesome. Depends on what you are calling "entry level", but you get what you pay for.

Comment

I have a 10 year old who is starting lessons wanted to pick something up for him.

Comment

The Jackson JS-series are more than decent starter guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              The Jackson JS-series are more than decent starter guitars.
              Agreed. That JS with the Floyd is NICE

Comment

I’ve been playing guitar for 30 years, and had loads of guitars in that time. They were always classic things, Strat’s, Tele’s, Les Paul’s. Then last summer I had the need for a guitar with a Floyd, so I picked up an MIJ Jackson PS2-Performer cheap on eBay ($250) … that guitar turned out so good that (a) I stopped playing my fancy US Gibson & Fender, (b) I immediately began looking for a more “up-market” version, for which I recently picked up a Charvel 650xl (another thread about that one), and imho that 650 is simply fantastic & just too good to be true at around $600 on eBay. So those are my recommendations.

ps:- with a 10 year old I'd watch out for those pointy headstocks...very easy to knock the tip off, ouch!

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                  Today, there are the USA-made EVH models and San Dimas series, as seen on http://www.charvelguitars.com//
                  Charvel are now CS only, so the San Dimas production series has ceased to be. It is an ex-series.
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                  X