Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
    Why, because you like men?
    Exactly! I talked about tits once, and now I like men according to the tekky's! Gotta admit though, it was a good one!
    I love admins!

Comment

Yet again......
      My Main Rig:
      '87 Charvel Model 4A
      Peavey KB100 amp
      Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
      '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      '05 Ibanez RG320FM
      '86 Ovation Pinnacle
      '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
      '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

The down side is that I cannot seem to fix a problem with the input jack constantly cutting out. I've replaced it twice but I still seem to suffer the same problem. I'm confident I'll have the problem resolved soon enough.
        Hi,
        You might be having the same problem I had with a guitar. It was driving me crazy. Everytime I plugged in the cord to my guitar it would work fine. As soon as I would move the cord, it would cut out. I finally figured it out....it might be what's causing your problem. There was shielding on the inside cavity of the guitar. The jack hole was "just" large enough to fit the jack. As soon as the cord was plugged in, the longer contact inside would "move back" when the jack was inserted. This would cause that contact to touch the shielding and "ground out" the circuit thus "cutting out." I used a dremel tool with a sanding wheel and sanded out the entire jack hole and that solved the problem. You could even just put a piece of electric tape on that side of the jack hole to insulate the contact on the jack. Maybe that's what's causing your problem.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Hi,
          You might be having the same problem I had with a guitar. It was driving me crazy. Everytime I plugged in the cord to my guitar it would work fine. As soon as I would move the cord, it would cut out. I finally figured it out....it might be what's causing your problem. There was shielding on the inside cavity of the guitar. The jack hole was "just" large enough to fit the jack. As soon as the cord was plugged in, the longer contact inside would "move back" when the jack was inserted. This would cause that contact to touch the shielding and "ground out" the circuit thus "cutting out." I used a dremel tool with a sanding wheel and sanded out the entire jack hole and that solved the problem. You could even just put a piece of electric tape on that side of the jack hole to insulate the contact on the jack. Maybe that's what's causing your problem.
          That's exactly what I was going to try first. The guy who owns the local music store told me about that. One solution suggested to me was to try using jacks which are sealed...not exposed. Another was the tape method and then of course the dremel. I think I'd go to the dremel only as a last resort.

Comment

Welcome !!

Comment

Working...
            X