Rant: The Jackson dealers in my area SUCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant: The Jackson dealers in my area SUCK

The thread title says it all. All most of them carry within a 100+ mile radius is the entry-level JS series crap, with an occasional DK2 or MG series thrown in. The local Guitar Center hasn't had a USA in months (except for the 2003 Shattered Glass SL2H I bought and told about here). They all tell me the same thing, "We can order anything you want." Sure they can, but does it not occur to them that someone might want to actually put their hands on a guitar before dropping $1800.00 or so on it? I suppose not.

Here's the part that really gets me. Among the ones who have occasionally gotten them in, including Guitar Center, they've SOLD. I mean, it isn't like they got one in the store two years ago and it's still hanging there. And speaking of Guitar Center, they don't seem to mind having a full collection of $2500.00 Les Pauls hanging behind the counter, but they can't get a single USA Jackson in, even though the ones they did get in obviously sold?!?!

I don't get it. I went driving around today to a few music stores, a couple of which were Jackson dealers. Not even an MG series, let alone any USA's, and one of them had exactly ZERO Jacksons at the moment.

It almost makes me wish that Jackson was like Gibson in telling people, "Either keep X amount in stock at all times or you can't be a dealer. Period." It would greatly reduce the number of Jackson dealers around, but what's the point of having dealers if they never stock anything worthwhile?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Sometimes Guitar Center will move a guitar from one store to another for no charge, so if you are looking for a specific USA model see if they have it in stock at another store using thier inventory system.

I don't know what goes into what models stores will stock, aside from the obvious they stock what they think will sell, but I think that comes down to a bit of guessing on their part.
    Last edited by tanpsi; 02-17-2007, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I don't see the problem. All you have to do is order what you want and wait 12-18 months.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

agreed .... GC around here will have the big wall spot with a mural of Randy, but it is over ran with Ib's and Esp'ss with a few Jacksons mix in. it is not as Jacksons reach out and grab you, unlike all the fenders spread through out the store.

perhaps supply and demand is the reason. Just no demand, so why stock it. If they were sellers, they would have it.
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
          agreed .... GC around here will have the big wall spot with a mural of Randy, but it is over ran with Ib's and Esp'ss with a few Jacksons mix in. it is not as Jacksons reach out and grab you, unlike all the fenders spread through out the store.

perhaps supply and demand is the reason. Just no demand, so why stock it. If they were sellers, they would have it.

Same story at my local GC. You would think that being an authorized Jackson /Charvel dealer, they would at least have an EVH Art series or a U.S.A. Jackson hanging on the wall somewhere.

Comment

My GC has a few imports no USAs and does not plan on getting any.Thats what the sales guy told me.
            I keep checking in to see if a stray USA Jackson floats in but not one anywhere near GC
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You know, I never realized it too. I've frequented many guitar shops in my area that are Jackson "dealers" and I have NEVER seen a USA Jackson either. Only the low end models with a sprinkle of mid priced Japanese models spread around. Only time I've seen ANY USA Jacksons is when a shop has a used one hanging on the the wall, and it's usually pretty beat up.
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

I guess I'm fortunate to have so many Music stores in my area. Yes GC does not carry higher end Jacksons and no American made but I have 8th street music in Phila, Sam Ash carries a few and Russos Music in trenton carries the entire line.
                I would never buy a guitar without playing it first. I would not buy an amp without playing it first.

Dan

Comment

So the Jacksons sell out and the Gibsons don't?

Imagine that.

I'm sure the store manager is under pressure to sell what's in stock (the Gibsons) and is simply unable to keep Jacksons in stock until he sells those Gibsons.

However, to retain the Gibson dealership, he has to keep X number in stock, yet he can't get anything else in there until he sells the Gibsons, but he has to keep X number in stock..... you see where this is heading?

Say the store is required to keep 20 Gibsons in stock at all times. They sell 5 Gibsons which frees up money and space for 5 Jacksons, but first he has to replace those 5 Gibsons or lose his dealership (the sales are reported to Gibson as part of the dealer agreement, so they know when they sold one), which means he no longer has the money or space for the Jacksons.
                  This goes in a circle, and it's Gibson's attempt at monopolizing a market, which is the same thing Microsoft got sued for by the government, IIRC.

Then there's also the fact that most stores know that the kids will want to ding up the Jacksons and then have to listen to some pud come in and haggle about how the price is too high for the condition.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was at GC yesterday in CT and they had a bunch of imports but no USA's that I could find. On the plus side they had 3 DK2Ms!
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                      I was at GC yesterday in CT and they had a bunch of imports but no USA's that I could find. On the plus side they had 3 DK2Ms!

Iv'e said that before, No one here in my area stocks USA Jacksons. Just the imports.........
                      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I've seen the same problem around me as well. Perhaps more advertising of the brand would do the trick?
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

if you want decent quality guitars, you have to be prepared to travel. otherwise, it's the "special order only, we want full deposit, tough shit that we can't or won't give you a realistic eta and love watching you sweat for months without even so much as a progress call whilst we earn interest with your money" bollocks. the only jacksons that appear in shops local to me tend to be the js series, and even that's rare.
                          Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-18-2007, 01:47 PM.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It is the same story in my location. GC has some import Jackson's and occasionally gets a Charvel in (which sell quickly by the way thanks to me and a couple of my friends), but they have a wall of Gibsons that never seem to move.

In my area you are not going to find a high-end shredder type guitar even at the ESP, BC Rich, Dean dealers. All they carry are the imports and only a few of those. I asked a few why that is and the answer was pretty much the same: "The kids, by and large, are the only ones interrested in those kind of guitars and they do not have the money for the high-end stuff. The older folks who do have the money for high-end guitars only know Fender and Gibson and that is what they ask for."

So this is why most of my guitars come from internet transactions not locally. I do have a buddy who works at GC and gives the the heads up if they are getting a Charvel or USA Jackson in, but they have not had one come in for nearly a year and a half now.

Of course my other option is traveling. I want to get one of the new Barettas and the closest dealer is in San Fransico. So I would have to spend a day on the road and shell out $1,000. That would make my wife very happy!
                            Jackson: DK1
                            Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

GC does a lot of market research for the area. For example, at the Bay Area GC, there is a ton of Schecter, Fender, Gibsons, PRS, and Music Man guitars because that is what sells around here. They do keep a few imports. But, when I asked them about USA lines. They replied that they don't move up here as much as they do down in LA area and they profile stores to sell what is in demand. Totally understandable. But, Ask to see if they will move it from one store to another. That is a pretty good idea.

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X