Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transparent black and transparent black sunburst.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z1n View Post
    I think the sunburst will give the back of the guitar/neck a solid black (if the sunburst color is black) finish while the non sunburst would be trans back (not in a quilt or flame tho) finish.
    That's interesting. I wonder if you're right? I haven't ever seen a Jackson with a trans. black back. Any dark Jackson I've seen with a maple top, has come with a solid black back. For example, the river bed MM1 or tabacco burst slatqh. Although I guess both of them are sunbursts.

I'd prefer a see-through black back, if it was possible. I'd ask the shop, but we're havin' language differences over even simpler things! Ordering this guitar has felt like a roll of the dice... but not in a bad way. We'll see what arrives in the post! Haha.

Comment

look at this one with no burst... and this one with a black burst
      I see where you're coming from, but I don't think the fact that it's a burst matters. I think it's the case that if you have a trans. finish top, if the back isn't black, it'll be transparent and that if the back is going to be black, it'll be solid. Certainly this was the case with SLATQHs, which is the only sort of Jackson with trans. finish that I researched carefully.

For example, here are two pics of my Cherry Sun Burst slatqh (bought from the MZ!):

Clearly a burst, but with a trans. finish back, (I believe) because it's not black.

When I bought it, I really wanted a Tabacco Burst one, but the back would have been a solid black, which was a bit of a turn off.

Comment

Ah I see. Yea that has the burst going around to the back and is still trans. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Ah I see. Yea that has the burst going around to the back and is still trans. Thanks for clearing that up.
          That's just what I think is the case. I'm happy to be proven wrong! I guess that if Jackson ever had a trans. black back with a standard USA select finish, someone here would have one.

Of course, as I've ordered a Jackson Stars, who knows what's going to happen? When Shadowcat's trans. green flame RR-J1 was being finished, they asked him if he wanted the back solid green or transparent. So, maybe I'll get an e-mail in four months time asking me the same thing.
          Last edited by ken; 02-26-2007, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X