• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For $600 which Jackson would you get?

Used or new?

Or any other guitar for that matter

I want to see all the opinions people have

You can find a used USA strat for around that amount, if you keep looking. I think Jay has one in the classifieds right now, but that might be $650....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Rhoads Pro
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Where does a Rhoads Pro go for $600? I must move to this fantastic place

If it's beat and busted, yeah, but if it's in good shape (doesn't need a refin or fretjob), $600 will not even get you a "bro" deal.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

DK2M by far is the best deal IMHO

Comment

model 6/jackson soloist (not pro), washburn x50 w/emgs- ($550 at samash)

Comment

SLSMG or DK2M with a little to spare

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

If it's beat and busted, yeah, but if it's in good shape (doesn't need a refin or fretjob), $600 will not even get you a "bro" deal.
                Pack your bags, Newc. You'll be rooming with Donnie.:ROTF: Here's his Rhoads Pro:

Could be worse, he has that badass Egg McMuffin maker!

j/k of course. That was a sick pawnshop deal. I'd say it would be hard to beat a Model 5 or 6, 650XL, or maybe hope for a nice old Jackson strat to pop up, though prices seem to be going up for those. Sorry, but the new import stuff in the $600 or less range doesn't compare, imo, and you always get the best bang for the buck if you buy used.

Comment

DK2M
                  You'll have a few bucks left over to buy some beer and strings.
                  -Rick

Comment

I got mine for $500, but it was heavily modded. In great shape, though.

Comment

Dk2m

Comment

thanks neilli! it's a similar one to your old yellow one.

Comment

I'll take a used Model 2 and a Model 3a for $600 (i.e. $300 each). Should have a little left over for beer and strings too.
                          Last edited by Razor; 02-23-2007, 07:23 PM.

Comment

First Choice: DK2M

Second Choice: WRMG

Third Choice: DK2
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I remember a few BIN auctions for 650 dollars on eBay.It's not an impossible price imo.
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                              X