Which one looks cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petedz View Post

Better. Mmmm. I'm really starting to like this one.
    I kinda like that, but I can't do anything with the neck binding or headstock color, since I don't want to pay extra to refinish over those - that and the Jackson logo is MOP on mine anyway, so it'd be a pain to paint over it.

Another thing I might consider doing is filling in the neck pickup cavity with solid wood to simplify the electronics, and because I never really use the neck pickup that much anyway. I can still get pretty good cleans with just a bridge pickup, right?

Comment

Add another big guitar name to the list and get something truly unique!

Just joking with ya man.

Comment

lol..

I like the gold from a 'Randy' POV.. little warmer, classy LP Custom look.

the black with white rings has a nice contrast too.

Comment

I'm intrigued by the Alexi/Randy grafting....very appropriate, IMO.

This requires somebody with better Photoshop skills than me to do the curved pins, though. Sorry.
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            Add another big guitar name to the list and get something truly unique!

Just joking with ya man.
            Stop giving me ideas.

Besides, that's too Escherish. It looks like it'd give people headaches if they stared at it for too long.

...although I have to say, black with white bevels is slightly intriguing.

Comment

rather Schenkerish too...

Comment

Yeah, yeah, I know who it's from.

Comment

Originally posted by Extant View Post
                  That's kind of why I'm trying to put a bit of a spin on it.
                  Personally, I think you need to keep on spinning. With that paint scheme, the guitar is going to be immediately recognized as a Alexi guitar no matter what pickup scheme you are going for.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

How about this, then?

I kind of like the way the slashes look now. Sort of like birds in flight.

And yeah, I know the quality's terrible. I mocked it up in paint. If anyone can do better, feel free.

Comment

Extent,

I see what you are going for there. Definately a step in the right direction. Possibly, if you made the "Wings" symmetric to the center of the body of the bird? Personally, I feel you are heading the right direction by pulling away from the same design a little. Think about it a bit, it will come to you.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Black
                        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                        RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                          Extent,

I see what you are going for there. Definately a step in the right direction. Possibly, if you made the "Wings" symmetric to the center of the body of the bird? Personally, I feel you are heading the right direction by pulling away from the same design a little. Think about it a bit, it will come to you.

-Nate
                          It'd be a lot easier if I could sketch on it, really. My printer's out of black ink, though.

Comment

That last one looks very Queensryche to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by Extant View Post

How about this, then?
                              Now THAT is cool!
                              The Alexi connection is still there, but with a little bit of a goth twist to it.

However, I'd definitely try to keep the controls placed in an orderly fasion.

Comment

Yeah, I just dumped one of the knobs there in paint because it was in the way. I dunno.

I'm probably going to get everything done to my guitar in one fell swoop. Installing all the new hardware, ripping out a huge chunk of wood in the back, sticking the Floyd in, sticking part of that chunk of wood back in the neck pickup hole, and then refinishing the thing.

Also, does anyone know any people who'd do that sort of work cheap? My budget is pretty limited at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X