Buffalo horn for inlays on maple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo horn for inlays on maple?

I am specing out a custom shop Jackson and always thought a Maple board with ebony sharkies look cool but I thought the buffalo horn that is on my knife handles look awesome so I put 2 and 2 together and requested this.

I dont have an answer yet but have any of you guys seen real buffalo horn as an inlay material before. Look it up on google it looks real nice on knife handles.

Its the black part...

Comment

That would look F'n cool!!!

Comment

It would look cool but the patriot in me doesn't approve - like bald eagle beak I suppose.
        - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Originally posted by GryphonGuitar View Post
          It would look cool but the patriot in me doesn't approve - like bald eagle beak I suppose.
          Actually the faux or fake buffalo horn is less temperamental and I think looks nicer if good quality.

Comment

buffalo horn........... those poor, poor indians
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Truly.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dont get soft on me know you guys I want those price increases to be justified. Especially the upcharge for hunting a Buffalo.

Also how about Bald eagle beak on Ebony thats an idea?

Seriously anyone seen this done?

Comment

I thought about getting naugahyde binding on a Custom Shop, but when I think of those poor baby naugas being clubbed....
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                      I thought about getting naugahyde binding on a Custom Shop, but when I think of those poor baby naugas being clubbed....
                      I looked into that too and they said for a 925 dollar upcharge they will have Mike Shannon personally club the nauga...

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                        Actually the faux or fake buffalo horn is less temperamental and I think looks nicer if good quality.
                        Crazy talk. That would be like accepting MOTO over MOP. And no one bemoans all those poor Mothers of Pearl who lost their lives for an inlay.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, nobody has any problem with killing all those abalones
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            Crazy talk. That would be like accepting MOTO over MOP. And no one bemoans all those poor Mothers of Pearl who lost their lives for an inlay.

You caught me BSing of course I am going with real buffalo horn but the faux does look nice.

Comment

Well I'm glad to at least hear you decided against the Native American baby skullbone inlays. I still say it was wrong for you to go digging around in those burial mounds in the first place.

Seriously tho, I think that material would make sweet-looking inlays.

...oooh... carbon fiber inlays maybe?

|My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X