last y2kv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last y2kv

Does anyone know the last day they made the y2kv?
    I got mine like a week or two before i heard they were stopping production. Mine was finished January 31st. Is there a phone number I could call to see if mine might be the last one? That would be pretty cool if mine was the last one or even one of the last ones. thanks a lot.

Re: last y2kv

All I know is that my brother's is the last one available...and it's on its way. Trish (sales rep) drove it to Guitar Asylum herself...and now its on its way to Montana. NAtural Mahogony...he placed an order for a violin Brown one....last may and has been getting dicked around ever since this crap started up. So he is taking what he can get. They gave him a choice of either that Korina Y2KV that showed up on E-bay and teh mahogony one. SHould be their tomorrow or Tuesday. It's probably not the last serial number though...just because It'd been sitting around for a while..I think.

Comment

I would have taken the korina one. I love mine though. So there is still a shot might be one of the last built. I need to call someone to find out. but if not oh well. Mine is a 2003 model so its at least close. Its gun metal grey, has a matching painted headstock, and an unlabled seymour duncan in the neck position. I love mine.
      Its the greatest V shape i think.

Comment

just post your serial number here...somebody could probably make some educated guesses based on that.

Comment

My serial number is U11952. That would be awesome if it was like one of the last ones made. I waited 8 months for it and it was worth it. Thanks man and any guess are welcome.

Comment

I forgot the y2kv doesn't have a special number like the Rhoads does. YOu know, you could probably just call Jackson. They could probably give you some info. THey probably have the last y2kv's serial number recorded. They have to..it's their job to do stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
              All I know is that my brother's is the last one available...and it's on its way. Trish (sales rep) drove it to Guitar Asylum herself...and now its on its way to Montana. NAtural Mahogony...he placed an order for a violin Brown one....last may and has been getting dicked around ever since this crap started up. So he is taking what he can get. They gave him a choice of either that Korina Y2KV that showed up on E-bay and teh mahogony one. SHould be their tomorrow or Tuesday. It's probably not the last serial number though...just because It'd been sitting around for a while..I think.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">he chose the mohagany one over korina [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] oh well, to each his own, its his money so his choice, but at least he got what he wanted, i was abobut a month away from being able to by a y2kv but then they discontinued em', i was so pissed

Comment

The korina wood is ugly. At least to him it is. I'm kind of indifferent. at this point a Y2KV is a Y2KV. regardless of the finish or wood.

Comment

I love mine. I dont really like the stock strings but those are about to go anyways. Its overall just a beautiful guitar. I love the way it looks though. Its not huge but not a tiny guitar and just like a me and that guitar were made for each other. If anyone has the chance to get a y2kv I say go for it.

Comment

[ April 02, 2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: McD - J/C HQ ]
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Now I'm totally gonna wonder what McD said, then deleted 2 minutes later! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X