No announcement yet.

Dots and binding... why not seen more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dots and binding... why not seen more?

Howcome we dont see more bound necks with dot inlays? I love sharkies, but I also love a nice bound neck with mop or abalone dots... anyone else? I just think its looks very classy!

BTW, post pics if you have them, Id love to see 'em!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

I never been a fan of dot inlays. I would rather have a blank board than one with dots

Heh ... I just saw your post in the eBay forum concerning the firebird ... lol
    Last edited by Sukisyn; 03-04-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah thats what got me thinkin about it!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

A very classy look, IMHO.

Comment

here's a bad pic of my J0058

Comment

My old Washburn T-Bird Vibrato has Binding and also dot inlays...it looks nice...but, I love sharkies far more
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I like the look, but I don't like dots at the 24th fret, for some reason.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

There's a Greco on chrisguitars with dots and binding, looks classy as hell.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I always prefered block inlays to dots. However, lately I have begun to dig the look of binding with dots. There is a new Gibson SG with binding and dots that looks pretty killer.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pebber View Post
                    here's a bad pic of my J0058
                    See, thats what I mean. That just looks badass... not sharkfin badass, but more of a refined, classy badass. I love it!!

Comment

Actaully now that I think about it, the guitar that really got me into this was the Dean Custom 450... was one of the "Jackson style" guitars the MAB played on the Speed Lives video.

Comment

Here's mine... I'm all about binding, but to be honest, I've never really liked dot inlays. I much prefer some sort of simple geometry (no skulls/crosses), but most of all I would love a scalloped fretboard with no inlays at all.

- Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

blah, boring dot inlays..... i also prefer no inlays better than plain boring dots.
                          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

My 2 Dean Czech EVO`s. Ebony, Abalone Dots and Binding= Jack.

Comment

Nice guitars Slayer.

I like the dots but like Jimmy B, I don't like the 24th fret dots. Looks out of place to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X