New Demon from Mojo Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Demon from Mojo Bodies

well I finally got it finished and I really love it! Thanks to Denny @ http://www.mojobodies.com/ excellent guys. I still want to get a better neck(it's a DK2) and ditch the chrome keys/nut but atleast I get to play it now. everything went together smoothly. I still need to make a cover plate for the controls (wasn't includedbut you can buy them for $10 more) but I can make them so it's just a matter of making time to do it. Anyway here are a couple of pics. I would have taken more but the memory card was full! doh.

EMGs 81/85, Real Floyd, 3way, and volume. Paint was rattle cans (duplicolor Mirage for body and Metal Specks for the bevels)

I forgot to thank Mark and Denny for making these bodies available. It truely rocks! heres a link to another Demon (Marks) http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62776

Comment

I don't own any strat style bodies anymore...but if I did it would be a Demon!
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

that came out great! Nice work
        Hail yesterday

Comment

That's awesome! The paint looks very professional.

Which leads me to ask.....

The DupliColor Mirage....how do you think it would look painted over existing paint? Plus, did you seal the wood with anything first?
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Thanks everyone!
            powertube, I sealed the wood with DEFT (i think thats the brand). The Mirage should work on exsisting paint. I watched a video on dupli colors website that shows them painting a painted helmet with the Mirage paint. It comes with 3 cans Base/mirage paint/clear. But if I was going to paint over an exsisting paint job, I would go over the paint first with a 0000 grade steel wool, then go by the directions in the Mirage kit which is just couple of coats of the base, then paint, then clear. Then you can sand it down after a couple of days and buff out the clear with rubbing compound, polish, then wax. Well that's what I did but I'm sure there are other methods.

Comment

Those EMG's without rings look pretty cool. You just helped me make up my mind for my next guitar

> I still want to get a better neck(it's a DK2)

What kind of neck? DK2 necks are pretty much the best bolt-on necks you'll find anywhere. Except maybe DK1 necks but you won't find those anywhere except on a DK1
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post

What kind of neck? DK2 necks are pretty much the best bolt-on necks you'll find anywhere. Except maybe DK1 necks but you won't find those anywhere except on a DK1
                +1
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

mate that looks sweet,good job
                  my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

hmm... i have never been a demon body fan... well...

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                      Those EMG's without rings look pretty cool. You just helped me make up my mind for my next guitar

I think I said that wrong. My DK2 neck is used. If I stay with a DK2 neck, I need to get one in better shape. My original plan was to put the DK2M neck on it but I just don't have $300 right now so I put a used DK2 neck on it.

Comment

Let's see a picture of it from the front of the body

I like the upper wing, it kind of makes me think of a cross between an ibanez jem and a bc rich warlock..... sort of.
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Gee...i wish you had some access to the higher frets!! :ROTF: I really love that
                          body shape.. turned out great looking! More pics please?

Comment

That came out great bro!!!!!!!

That lower horn is f'n HUGE

Comment

Funny thing, I was just wondering a couple days ago if anyone made a Demon body. I really need to wrap up some existing projects so I can get started on one of these!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X