GMW ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW ?

Hey I have been on the GMW site I have seen people on here say some good/ & not so good things about this company, I'm thinking of useing them for some work. Any opinions, give me some feedback. Thanks. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: GMW ?

I haven't seen anything negative agout GMW, unless I missed something... I've never "dealt" with them personally, but I know numerous who have and have heard nothing but raves to date. I will also be shipping a couple of axe's soon and the metal for my Harley for Dan to paint...

Anyway, I think you'll be fine dealing with them...

Don't forget pics... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

GMW Rules! I have had Lee do a bit of building for me and many others here have as well.
      I can recommend GMW 100%.

Comment

I AGREE with Chuck 101% !!!!...I am a luthier/builder, and I own TWO GMW's, and I use Lee and the guys at GMW's work as MY BENCHMARK !!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 31, 2003, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

I have owned a GMW and actually I am going to be ordering another one within a few weeks. Lee and the guys at GMW are great and do nothing but quality work! The trick with ordering a guitar is having to wait 3-5 months for it. But if you want quality work you are going to have to wait. I know that the wait time for a Wayne Charvel is 1 year right now and I think GMW gives you a lot more for your money personally.

Comment

They do great work and Lee & Dan are cool peoples to boot!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There's also that rumor that a famous ex-Jackson employee secretly does some contract work for them....

Heh heh heh

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ March 31, 2003, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey guys Thanks alot I had not heard of these people before comming to the forum. I'll get before & after pics of the guitar I'm having worked on. If all comes out well you won't believe what it's gonna look like.
                [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I sent a Soloist Pro to GMW a few years ago for a refinish, and it turned out fantastic. Excellent prices, fast turnaround time...I'll be using GMW for my next refin for sure.
                  sigpic

Comment

If I had a choice of sending a repair or refin to the Jackson Custom Shop or to GMW, it would be a no-brainer! GMW all the way!

I'll go out on a limb here and state that there is higher quality coming out of GMW than the Jackson Custom Shop.

Comment

Doesn't GMW do some of the custom graphic work for Jackson? I thought I read that somewhere.

Anyway, I sent a Soloist to Lee to have it refinished back to its original pearlescent white color. (it had a very bad amateur repaint job when I bought it) The job ended up taking a bit longer than he told me it would, but he gave me a break on the price. When I got it back it was absolutely beautiful. Their work is a little pricey but if you want the best, that is what you will get from GMW. I would not hesitate to use their services again.

Comment

I don't think their work is pricey. Compared to a brand name custom shop they are like a thrift store. As for getting a discount for having to wait. That's a first. I've always had to wait weeks longer than what I was told. I'm just glad they're around. Without GMW there would be a giant, gaping hole needing to be filled.

Comment

GMW rules and, BTW, they're a Jackson dealer, too. Lee and Dan are very cool people to deal with, and do top notch work all around.

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard any negative comments about GMW or Lee. I just recently got a replica Crossed Swords from Lee a couple weeks ago. It's amazing! The quality of their work is top notch. And as everyone else has said, Lee and Dan are great to deal with.

The Charvel replica took almost 4 months to get - but well worth the wait. Lee apologized for taking so long. Both he and Dan got tied up with preparing for the NAMM show in January. If it wasn't for the show, the guitar would have been done sooner.

I can't say enough good things about Lee and the quality of his work. I highly recommend using them!!

Comment

GMW does really good work, I can't say enough good things about them. Highly recommended.

-Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X