Rhoads the most metal guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads the most metal guitar?

My drummer keeps telling me that the rhodes is the most metal guitar there is and that one of us guitarists needs to get one. We kinda just joke about it haha but I plan on getting one within the year after i pay off my KV2. What are your thoughts?
    ----------
    Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

just remember, he is a drummer.....
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by sandbag View Post
      My drummer keeps telling me that the rhodes is the most metal guitar there is and that one of us guitarists needs to get one. We kinda just joke about it haha but I plan on getting one within the year after i pay off my KV2. What are your thoughts?
      I would have to rank an SG and a some type of a pointy headed super strat ahead of the RR. I may be the wrong guy to ask as I have never been a fan of the RR V body shape.

Comment

An SG = Metal!? :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          An SG = Metal!? :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
          A '61 reissue in cherry red......maybe not. But one of these in the hands of, say Tony Iommi.......

Doesn't get more metal than that, kid.

Comment

More metal? Here, take your pic... any one of the guitars on this wall are more metal than that whimpy old SG.

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I don't know...I own a few "metal" guitars...

Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                More metal? Here, take your pic... any one of the guitars on this wall are more metal than that whimpy old SG.

As I said before, I'm not much of a RR V fan. The pointy head strats are very cool/metal. However, if you've got any hardcore metal gigs coming up, you may want to leave that yellow one home.

Comment

Obviously the Abel Axe is the most metal.

Comment

I always think of a Gibson Explorer or a Bc Rich Mockingbird when metal is said. I always think of the RR, just for some reason Explorer comes to mind first.

Comment

None. More. Metal.

It's even got 3 extra lbs of metal attached to it, just to make it even more dangerous.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        None. More. Metal.

It's even got 3 extra lbs of metal attached to it, just to make it even more dangerous.
                        Didnt know the Judas Priest guys played Jacksons

Comment

I'm trying to think of a dumber thing to talk about, but alas, I cannot.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by sandbag View Post
                            Sorry but anyone who spells Randy's name as Rhodes is in no position to be taken seriously concerning anything metal. Ultimate sin.

Comment

Aside from the Halford, which is hands down the most metal guitar ever, I would say an RR or KV or a Warlock are some of the most metal guitars I can think of off hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X