Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm new and thought I'd just say hi.

HI tell us more about you

Comment

How long have you been playing...what is your favorite axe...and what
      type of music do you like to play? Pics of your guitars? Welcome

Comment

Welcome...pic's please!

Comment

Not much to tell. Currently looking into learning how to play guitar (again). Always been a fan of Jackson/Charvel guitars. Even bought myself a cheap one to learn on. That was a few years back. Never had the time to dedicate to it, so I stopped altogether. Recently, the itch to learn has struck me again, and this time, I'm not going to stop until I can learn to play something. The first person I took guitar lessons from was useless. He wanted to show off his playing rather than teach. My second teacher was a good one, but he got into something and ended up in jail. So, I guess I'll have to teach myself....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            How long have you been playing...what is your favorite axe...and what
            type of music do you like to play? Pics of your guitars? Welcome

My previous posts explains how long I've been "not" playing, but my one and only axe is a JD-R Pro Dinky reverse. At least I think that's what it's called. It was something cheap out of Musician's Friend years ago. It ws on sale, I always liked the looks and reputation of Jackson's, and I was in the market for a guitar. It's not my first though. I had a crappy old Ibanez I had bought at a pawn shop. It was junk when I bought it. I eventually got rid of it and bought my Jackson.

Comment

Buying a Jackson is a great start. Of something called GAS! And don't look for a cure around here since everybody here is pretty much terminally infected.:ROTF: BTW, welcome and hope you have a blast playing as well as hanging around the JCF.
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Welcome to the board...

Sorry I`m the pic police ;D
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Welcome skullshine Where are you in south western Va.I'm in central Ky right next door so to speak.Hang here and learn these guys and gals here are the greatest.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Looking foward to getting to know you and maybe learn a few tricks of the trade in the process.

Straycat: I live in a little bit of nowheresville called Grayson County.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullshine View Post
                      Not much to tell. Currently looking into learning how to play guitar (again). Always been a fan of Jackson/Charvel guitars. Even bought myself a cheap one to learn on. That was a few years back. Never had the time to dedicate to it, so I stopped altogether. Recently, the itch to learn has struck me again, and this time, I'm not going to stop until I can learn to play something. The first person I took guitar lessons from was useless. He wanted to show off his playing rather than teach. My second teacher was a good one, but he got into something and ended up in jail. So, I guess I'll have to teach myself....
                      DVD instructional Vids my Brutha! Forget the one on one lessons.
                      Rewind, and play over...and over...at your liesure. Much less $'s
                      and imo, you learn much more, quicker.

Comment

Not to hijack Skullshine's thread here, but I'm a newbie to this forum as well....but not really a newbie to GAS or casual guitar collection. (If I had a lot more money I might be less than a casual collector!)
                        From Robert Burns: How long have you been playing...what is your favorite axe...and what type of music do you like to play? Pics of your guitars? Welcome (poetic as his namesake! LOL)
                        I've been playing off and on over the last 36 years (I'm 44) and used to give lessons in the late '70s/ early '80s for some extra funds right before I joined the Army. I'm not sure I have absolute favorites, but I definitely DON'T like quite a few- I'm into Jackson USAs (two '97 Ontario Dinky bolt ons- one black and one tobacco sunburst quilt top, and Jackson Custom Full body Strat #4903 with SD nameplate in Dokken Bengal tiger stripe....autographed by George Lynch w/ pics!) and I also have a couple Gibson Les Paul Customs- a 1979 Nashville Tobacco Sunburst and a rare 1977 Kalamazoo all-blonde. A Rhoades bolt on refinished in a walnut looking natural- the neck is a USA, so it's probably a FrankenJackson.... and a Jenna Jameson King V. I have a 1988 Charvel Model 1 in the too-common red, and a 1985 Japanese Fender Stratocaster (cream body, rosewood neck without skunk stripe) that has Ritchie Blackmore, Vinnie Moore, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Steve Vai's autographs.
                        To satisfy the ravenous appetite of the Pic Police Special-K, there are pics of most here: http://www.myspace.com/mr_lizardman I haven't looked into how to post pics here just yet!
                        Rack has: TriAxis, Furman power conditioner, Korg tuner, dbx compressor, dbx 31 band one channel EQ, TC Electronic G-Major, and a Rivera TBR-1 and TBR-3. I'm currently rearranging the rack, so there's an older pic on mySpace. ART X-11 footswitch, Morley Bad Horsie 2, Stereo Marshall 1960A cab plus two Horizon 4 x 12 cabs....You know- the basic stuff- LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Lizardman View Post
                          I haven't looked into how to post pics here just yet!
                          http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn....guess I'll have to get smart or something....

Comment

Working...
                            X