Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repaint (graphics) On a '88 model 1 or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repaint (graphics) On a '88 model 1 or no?

I have a 1988 model 1 I'm thinking of redoing- and I'd like suggestions on best techniques/materials to use as well as feedback on whether or not this would be a bad idea/ destroy the value??
    Before anyone says anything, I have no pic of this one right this minute either in my digicam or on my PC or mySpace page. (pics of other stuff, though- http://www.myspace.com/mr_lizardman ) I'll get one if you all need to see the most average, red, maple fretboard, black hardware, pointy head Charvel of all time and need help sleeping....plain nothin' fancy- YET!
    I'm thinking black Floyd Original, upgraded PU (Seymour, maybe? EMG passive?) locking nut for fearless divebombing (like that would stop me anyway- ~insert evil laugh here~), and some sort of graphic paint scheme as of yet undecided. I'm thinking of lightly going over it with a 3M pad to degloss it, and then applying some additional colors and multiple masking (layers) with the 3M treatment between each, followed by some juicy clearcoat, or perhaps flat to make it some sort of camo/military style scheme. I'm thinking about using the red as my base and then adding to it rather than a complete strip down. Whadya all think??

PS- I've done painting of many types over the years, but I wouldn't call myself an airbrush artist by any means! Probably something geometric rather than skillful/fancy, unfortunately....Mike Learn's shop is just up the road if I suddenly get cold feet/warm wallet-LOL
    Last edited by Mr.Lizardman; 03-19-2007, 10:24 PM.

I think you should save your paint money and buy my Rhoads! What's up Lizard?!

Joe
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think a model series would be a good choice to mess with, maybe pick up an extra body on ebay to keep yours original.
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I was thinking of a different body- like a black bod on that Rhoades, charvel750- I want it....damnit....LOL Jenna finally arrived today- pretty nice for a MIJ !
        I am thinking about refinishing my other bolt on Rhoades also- bad lacquer job! Looks like thinned out Elmer's or something. (It doesn't look like THAT ya freaks!! Being one too I know what you're thinking! LOL) Keep it natural, and put some custom made Australian Opal triplets in the neck- it's a USA neck with no inlay, just dots on the side. (http://www.myspace.com/mr_lizardman for pics- no Model 1 or Jenna pics just yet)
        Anyone know which bodies will/will NOT fit a Charvel neck? I'd think the Fender licensed ones should due to Charvel basing their designs on hot rodded strats....?? I got it figured out that a Charvel body will fit already....that's it. Mighty Mite? I talked to Warmoth and they said their bodies would NOT fit a C/J neck directly. Got any suggestions?

Comment

This thread really stirred up some aggression and pent up frustrations- yawn-
          No other comments? Sales pitches? LOL
          The pics are up on mySpace of the Jenna and my Fire Crackle San Dimas plate # 2710....Grover signed/ numbered #65/100!

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
            I think a model series would be a good choice to mess with, maybe pick up an extra body on ebay to keep yours original.

Comment

Working...
            X