List of custom shop "No goes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of custom shop "No goes"

I wanted to start this thread of official custom shop "No goes" as I am tired of specing out orders and then getting a "No" cause of some new policy or rule also any updates to former Nos to Yes' please post here.

The idea is to save people time in custom shop orders going back and forth, if its not a good idea then this thread will fade into obscurity.

Here goes my list and post your own.

Official No's:

1. Artist Similar guitars- means you cant place an order exactley like your favorite artist's guitar.

2. Jackson Strat Heads- Was a yes earlier but just for a couple months.

3. Custom Jackson Logos- You can chose any historic Jackson logo but you cant make your own.

4. 21 Fret Charvel necks- was a yes but the capatilizing on the legacy series killed that CS option this year.

5. Custom serial numbers- No using your initials and a number or any other cute ideas you use Jacksons from now on.

6. No similar inlays- Meaning even if the image is not copyrighted and the symbol appeared on another artist or brands guitar its a No.

7. No sub contractors- Lets say you have an inlay guy you want to use Jackson will not ship the guitar to them till it is finished in the past they would accomodate your needs.

8. No buffalo horn inlays- means what it says.

9. Any Copyrighted images

10. No Gibson shapes- Firebird, Explorer

11. No VVVs or Disruptors.

Please update the list I may have missed something and if you are trying to order an artist similar guitar do not let the custom shop know as they will NO your order.

this is a great thread idea.. post away!
    äss howl

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      I 6. No similar inlays
      Does this mean NO FUCKIN' DOTS?
      Because I don't say it
      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

If thing like these aren`t allowed then in my opinion this is not a real custom shop...
        I love Jackson but, these no no`s suck!
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I don't know, a lot of those seem reasonable (i.e. no copyright, no weird serial #s), some don't (similar guitars), and some seem highly dubious (Jackson logos? I've seen some non-traditional logos lately, but I guess they are shop designed and approved, not custom designed).

When I look at those #4 is the one that sticks out as being totally ridiculous and out of line.

Comment

Another interesting list would be what options push your custom order into requiring a master builder and extra $$$ for that.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              Another interesting list would be what options push your custom order into requiring a master builder and extra $$$ for that.
              Any body shape not included into standard options list. Even if it was made before. Death Kelly for example.
              Because I don't say it
              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Gezzzz, makes me want save up $5000

Special-K is right. It isnt a Custom Shop, its an Options Shop
                www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by Vlover View Post
                  It isnt a Custom Shop, its an Options Shop
                  No truer statment has ever been made. Its a damn shame.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

12. Guitars will not be supplied in primer-only

As far as masterbuilt, I believe non-std neck profiles are a masterbuilt feature, and front loaded (i.e. scratchplate) on anything other than a Rhoads definitely is.
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Tell me again, exactly why am I supposed to be mad at guitarist who jump to ESP and actually get what they want?
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                        12. Guitars will not be supplied in primer-only
                        Then why is one of the options for the Mark Morton model Primer? :ROTF:
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If the new policy is so...tra la...
                          That means if a want a Jackson RR with 1 humbucker and 1 volume
                          control with a gain boost, floyd and yellow bevels..
                          I can`t get them just because Alexi and Roope play(ed) them?...
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                            If the new policy is so...tra la...
                            That means if a want a Jackson RR with 1 humbucker and 1 volume
                            control with a gain boost, floyd and yellow bevels..
                            I can`t get them just because Alexi and Roope play(ed) them?...
                            Yeah, they'll make those, but they won't do any other guitar similar to another artist?!?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Yeah, they'll make those, but they won't do any other guitar similar to another artist?!?
                              That's because they make the most money out of those .

Comment

Working...
                              X