List of custom shop "No goes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
    You are correct! In fact, neither his ESP, nor his Dean had Kahlers on them. So it appears he abandoned any interest in certain specs anyway, so that should leave it open, if it truly isn't already? I don't even know for sure, but my point wasn't all about Dave's guitars, it was about the "Artist Similar" in general.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I was just using Dave's guitars as an example as there's a clear distinction between two of his guitars in regards to the artist policy. The KV which he was only associated with, he didn't design it. And the Y2KV which he co-designed.

I can see how they would say no go on the Y2KV as it's not a shape Jackson has 100% ownership of. But the KV with a Kahler fixed bridge? But again, I have heard conflicting "Yes" "No" answers on this.

Even if Dave was with Jackson and allowed them to make Y2KV's, I don't see how they could without getting the attention of Gibson's legal team.

I always thought having artists using your equipment was to generate interest in the product. So it seems silly to not build a replica of an artists guitar if a customer saw it wanted to spend $3000+ to have one made. Isn't that mission accomplished? As long as it doesn't have like Def Leppard album cover on the front or band logos on the headstock I don't see the huge issue.

Comment

• I had to clarify in my other post with an update from a "no" it went to "well sort of"

KV2 with Kahler is a no go in silver but then later I was told OK if I dont request LSRs.

If you change the control configuration you should be good to go.

I was told KV2 in Korina is a no go with Kahler but there was some stipulation about LSR tuners. I know they suck anyways so its a good thing but it kind of is confusing.

If this post makes no sence its because what I was told makes no sence.
      Last edited by AK47; 08-19-2008, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• You can't get LSR's, which is why you can't order a guitar with them. Anyone seen my silver King V?
        \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

• Originally posted by McD View Post
          You can't get LSR's, which is why you can't order a guitar with them. Anyone seen my silver King V?
          Pics or this entire thread is worthless!

Comment

• McD's right about the LSR's(though are any of us really surprised?).

Here's the LSR website if you don't believe him:
            http://members.aol.com/intertunei/LSR.tuners/

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
            I must second this motion because it is incredibly truthful.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

• Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              I had to clarify in my other post with an update from a "no" it went to "well sort of"

KV2 with Kahler is a no go in silver but then later I was told OK if I dont request LSRs.

If you change the control configuration you should be good to go.

I was told KV2 in Korina is a no go with Kahler but there was some stipulation about LSR tuners. I know they suck anyways so its a good thing but it kind of is confusing.

If this post makes no sence its because what I was told makes no sence.
              Yeah, I had heard similar about the LSR's. I think a lot of the orders were automatic "no go" because people requested a KV1, which was the Mustaine sig. That coupled with the LSR issue I could see..sorta.

Anyway you slice it, a KV1 was never Mustaine's "intellectual property". Unless Jackson sold the design patent to Mustaine. lol.
              I have an order in and it's been "okayed" but man, talk about confusing. Yes, No, Sort of, Maybe. It's a shame cause a lot of that business gets sent off overseas to copycat guitar companies when it shouldn't be. Damn shame. Especially if the customer is willing to buy from the original manufacturer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                Yeah, I had heard similar about the LSR's. I think a lot of the orders were automatic "no go" because people requested a KV1, which was the Mustaine sig. That coupled with the LSR issue I could see..sorta.

Anyway you slice it, a KV1 was never Mustaine's "intellectual property". Unless Jackson sold the design patent to Mustaine. lol.
                I have an order in and it's been "okayed" but man, talk about confusing. Yes, No, Sort of, Maybe. It's a shame cause a lot of that business gets sent off overseas to copycat guitar companies when it shouldn't be. Damn shame. Especially if the customer is willing to buy from the original manufacturer.
                I bet there are alot of people that would cut a check ASAP if Jackson said anything goes all you have to do is sign a release of liabilty stating anything you have custom made by us is by your request and you carry any and all civil liability that could result from the manufacture of this guitar.

I mean they cant even pull old work orders so how would a company be able to even prove a guitar was painted by Jackson at a certain date using their copyrighted image. Can Heinken still go after Charvel for the guitar they made in 1982 with their logo on it.

Comment

• No doubt. I certainly would be busy ordering stuff if Jackson would still build it.

And no, I doubt Heineken could go after them for a 26 year old guitar, but they probably could if Jackson used that image now. Whether they would or not is another issue entirely....
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

• Originally posted by neilli View Post
                    No doubt. I certainly would be busy ordering stuff if Jackson would still build it.

And no, I doubt Heineken could go after them for a 26 year old guitar, but they probably could if Jackson used that image now. Whether they would or not is another issue entirely....
                    If it was a production model finish. They probably would. A custom one-off... I don't see how it could be worth their while.

Not to mention, if you have someone famous playing that guitar on stages all over the globes it's basically free advertising for your booze.

Comment

• Wait till I get my new pickups installed....

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Comment

• Hey, I was finally right! Dude, I was totally guessing. LOL! Just kidding. Nick brought one of his vintage Jackson's into the office - it's a Marshall King V with LSR's and yeah, it reminded me that I want a set of them.

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                        McD's right about the LSR's(though are any of us really surprised?).

Here's the LSR website if you don't believe him:
                        http://members.aol.com/intertunei/LSR.tuners/

I must second this motion because it is incredibly truthful.

Comment

• Bump for a good thread.

Should add, Artist Signature models can be custom ordered, but you're limited on the changes. No woodworking or configuration changes, only paint. Fretboard inlays for Artist Sig CS order are sometimes acceptable, but not usually.

BTW, this would be a good thread for a sticky in the USA Jackson sub-forum...
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• hey guys thats old thread and an importtant one...here are some questions.... won't they let you get the Iommy Crosses?I think at the old jackson site the called them cemetery crosses.also do they let you have a star guitar body?Jackson site has a virtual guitar builder ..the choices they give are limited ,if it is like this then it really is a fucked up story

Comment

• Iommi Crosses? Like this:

www.ebay.com/itm/140672065286

As for a Star body, you should be able to order a custom Charvel with it, since they're shipping Desolation Stars. Not sure if they'll make a Jackson though. Ask and find out...
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Yeah Iommi Crosses are those pretty much just not inverted. God i love Crimson Swirl.
                                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                                X