X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
    Get a gold truss rod cover from Dave ->Frets On The Net
    And it will be perfect...
    Can you tell me what do you think about DR strings in general?..
    How long do they last etc.?..

Thank you
    If i may ? DR strings are great! The ones i put on 3 weeks ago..(thats
    about 80 hours of playing!) are still bright like they were 2 days old!

Comment

Im glad my post didn't go through the other day (wireless internet connection dropped out and when I refreshed my comment was gone). Anyways when I first saw this I made the mistake of thinking this was supposed to be a "San Dimas" Charvel. When I hear those 3 words I think early 80's. Then when I saw the logo I was like oh no, its a fake or worse yet broken headstock which was painted and re-logoed, only they used the current USA CHarvel logo as there was no such thing as a Charvel 3x3 headstock back in 83. Glad I figured it out, still didn't know they dcalled these new guitars San Dimas guitars, or are they called re-issues?

Comment

Those gold tuners are awesome! Great job!

Comment

Jackson-Charvel:???? I dont understand. . this is a brand new Charvel San Dimas model. Its not a fake no broken headstock etc. Only thing I did was replace the black Schallers with gold ones. http://www.charvel.com/models/standard/sandimas.php
          Besides I had a real Jackson "San Dimas" bolt-on way back in 87-88' # 1010,so I feel I deserve to have a new model since I had one back in the day... .old school baby.

ps: Hey thanx kinde69,my friend suggested the gold tuners,not me.
          Last edited by ADR; 04-01-2007, 06:00 PM.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

The gold tuners look really classy! Good decision!

Comment

ADR, sorry I wasn't meaning to say yours was fake. It was my own ignorance as I always equated "San Dimas" to the vintage 80's Charvels. I don't really follow the new Charvel USA's and didn't realize they have "San Dimas" Charvel's again. I thought yours was supposed to be a early 80's Charvel with that new logo, so you could see why I was confused.

Comment

No problem, I didnt find out about them until like 2-3 months ago myself. I guess I was all caught up in Fender stuff. Than my best friend told me about the one I own, he said it looked just like an old one (NOS bridge), I went to see it and didnt hesitate in trading in my #3 Strat for it. . .So now I have a pointy again. I always regretted getting rid of my 86 Jackson bolt-on, so I feel this is meant to be.
                I like my Charvel better, the Jackson had h-s-s with chrome hardware and a Kahler and locking nut, they play almost exactly the same though. I like the h-s and 3 way toggle better than the 3 mini switches,I bought the Jackson used so thats what I got thats how they built them back them.

I ordered a brass Pup ring today to match the new tuners,volume knob and NOS bridge, so waiting for it to come in to complete the theme

Comment

Yeah I like the look of the one you have and brass is a great look, just wish more places made brass parts.

Comment

J-C: what are you looking for? I found the brass Pup ring at Stu-Mac:
                    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware...at_Bodies.html
                    I got the :1567-G , they also have 1/4" "football" plate in gold as well.
                    Dave from Frets on the net doesnt have/make anything for the new Charvels,but was willing to if I sent him my pieces, I cant go without playing my San Dimas for more than a day so I just ordered the ring from Stu-Mac. I may chance it and get the brass truss rod cover from him (should be the same as the non-trem Jackson)
                    Only thing left would be the toggle switch washer and fancy nut in gold, but this is the least of my worries.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                      Dave from Frets on the net doesnt have/make anything for the new Charvels,but was willing to if I sent him my pieces, I cant go without playing my San Dimas for more than a day so I just ordered the ring from Stu-Mac.
                      Just to be clear about something here. In most cases I've heard of the newer Charvels using both Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio rings which are not the same. To "most" people these look the same but they aren't and I'm not just going to "guess" what Charvel decided to use that day. Same with the truss rod covers. They are not consistant enough in their screws patterns like the USA and Import Jacksons (Non custom Shop) , so again, it's a crapshoot to make a standard size cover for those.

Now if it were an import or the standard USA Jackson truss rod covers, it wouldn't be a problem but it almost seems that they're making them "on the spot" like when they first started making these way back in the beginning.
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

ADR thats cool but they don't have unplated brass rings. I like the look of polished or tarnished brass, but not lacquered.

Comment

New pix of the San Dimas

Update: Got my solid brass Pup ring today. . and ta da here is a pix:

What do you guys think?

ps: The truss rod cover is next, Dave. .can I send you a trace of the TR cover and can you make it from that? Or would you rather have the orignal?
                          Last edited by ADR; 04-04-2007, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Looks like a great fit, all the holes lined up correctly? Glad it worked out for you .....shoot me an email if you like-
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                            X