Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new in town

Hi,

After a prolonged period of not playing, a coming house move has unearthed my guitars from the dark corners they had been banished to, and lo and behold they are as nice as pie to play (mind you they don't quite sit as comfortably with all the pies I've eaten over the years). Boy had I forgotten how good they sound running through a hot Marshall!

So doing some research on my old Charvel Model 5a brought me to here and I thought I'd join in.

It's also nice to see a forum where you aren't jumped on for using more colourful language by the mods. I think I might fucking like it here

Anyway I'm off to play with a new ebay toy that arrived today, I hope my better half doesn't notice the extra guitar case when we finally move into the new place!

Cheers,

Shob
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Welcome the fuck aboard, Shob !
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Shob, Welcome to the forum. We are just a bunch of wankers here Lots of great info though. If you use the search function you'll find a great bunch of information. Read the rules and send a lot of pictures to keep up your best!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
        It's also nice to see a forum where you aren't jumped on for using more colourful language by the mods. I think I might fucking like it here

From one FNG to another, welcome. Jock.
        SL3, DKMGT.

Comment

Hello there
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Welcome... now show us some fucking pics of your guitars.

-Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Welcome... now show us some fucking pics of your guitars.

Seeing you asked so nicely...

Right here we have my Levinson Blade (can't remember what model it is, R soomething or other, I'd have to dig the receipt out). Sorry about the state she's in but I've not played her for a while. The old dear needs some TLC, new strings and a set-up.

And here is what the postman brought this very morning I've always wanted and Ibanez, and I managed to pick this beauty up from ebay. She's a 91 560 in Grape Ice. She's got a couple of little dings and a small crack in the laquer on the top of the body, but nothing I can't live with.

I've also got a white (now turning a lovely shade of cream) Fender USA strat. It's one of the series of USA made ones with an I serial number (which would normally mean it was a Japanese import) but has a made in the USA stamped on the heel, making it either a 89/90, and I've had her since new.

But more importantly I also have a black Charvel Model 5A I purchased second hand in 89!

I will get pics of these for you when they are out of storage, I'm in the middle of a relocation so you'll have to bare with me, best things come to those who wait etc.

There are a couple of other guitars as well, cheapo Japanes copies, namely a Vantage flying V and an Eros Les Paul copy. If I can be arsed I might put those up as well, but I'll have to find the LP copy as I have no fucking idea where it is...

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Love the 560. I have an 87 in Jewel Blue with a Maple board.

And I was just giving you shit... hence the smiley.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  Love the 560. I have an 87 in Jewel Blue with a Maple board.

And I was just giving you shit... hence the smiley.
                  And I was being sarcastic you'll get used to me once you're past the hard outer shell and get to my sweet soft centre... *VOMIT*

I think I'll be after a Ibanez 550 or a 750 next, this 560 is rather nice!
                  Trouble is the prices we pay over here in £ the UK are almost what you seem to pay in $, it's very annoying. I'd risk importing if I knew a bit more about the import tax implications. Anyone here know?

Oh and is it me or does this emotie look like someone having a wank?

Comment

Hi,
                    I hope my better half doesn't notice the extra guitar case when we finally move into the new place!
                    You're already part of this group when sayings like this are called for.
                    Welcome euro brother.
                    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Hello & welcome from New York,USA.Cheers (w/a great English ale were holding) This place rocks, and we love pix too.
                      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

And I was being sarcastic you'll get used to me once you're past the hard outer shell and get to my sweet soft centre... *VOMIT*

Oh and is it me or does this emotie look like someone having a wank?
                        It sure does.
                        -Rick

Comment

Trouble is the prices we pay over here in £ the UK are almost what you seem to pay in $, it's very annoying. I'd risk importing if I knew a bit more about the import tax implications. Anyone here know?
                          I've bought some snare drums from the States & only one guitar. The VAT comes in with the value of the item you buy, for example, the last snare I bought was valued at $499 with an extra $60 for shipping charges thrown in. Not bad to start with you would think. The problems start when the item lands in this country. VAT gets added at 17.5% plus a clearance fee from Customs & then if you get Parcelforce to deliver the item, there is a delivery charge. All told I paid an additional £58 over & above the £302 the snare cost to buy & ship here. It still proved cost effective because the same drum from a UK store would have cost over £75 more than the total I paid. It is nuts the prices we pay here in the UK for US made goods but it is balanced at the moment by a favourable exchange rate for us if you buy through somewhere like e-bay. That way you don't encounter a profit margin the store load onto the price.

In short mate you have to budget very carefully. The only guitar I got was a PRS
                          SL3, DKMGT.

Comment

I've bought some snare drums from the States & only one guitar. The VAT comes in with the value of the item you buy, for example, the last snare I bought was valued at $499 with an extra $60 for shipping charges thrown in. Not bad to start with you would think. The problems start when the item lands in this country. VAT gets added at 17.5% plus a clearance fee from Customs & then if you get Parcelforce to deliver the item, there is a delivery charge. All told I paid an additional £58 over & above the £302 the snare cost to buy & ship here. It still proved cost effective because the same drum from a UK store would have cost over £75 more than the total I paid.

It is nuts the prices we pay here in the UK for US made goods but it is balanced at the moment by a favourable exchange rate for us if you buy through somewhere like e-bay. That way you don't encounter a profit margin the store load onto the price.

In short mate you have to budget very carefully. The only guitar I got was a PRS which was used. Guitar plus shipping £650, customs fees etc, £115. Still a good deal all things considered.

If you think we get shafted, wait till you send a heavy item to the USA from the UK. The shipping costs are fucking outrageous if you ask me.

Sorry if I've gone on a wee bit, but I hope this helps, all the best,

Jock
                            SL3, DKMGT.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty2 View Post
                              I've bought some snare drums from the States & only one guitar. The VAT comes in with the value of the item you buy, for example, the last snare I bought was valued at $499 with an extra $60 for shipping charges thrown in. Not bad to start with you would think. The problems start when the item lands in this country. VAT gets added at 17.5% plus a clearance fee from Customs & then if you get Parcelforce to deliver the item, there is a delivery charge. All told I paid an additional £58 over & above the £302 the snare cost to buy & ship here. It still proved cost effective because the same drum from a UK store would have cost over £75 more than the total I paid. It is nuts the prices we pay here in the UK for US made goods but it is balanced at the moment by a favourable exchange rate for us if you buy through somewhere like e-bay. That way you don't encounter a profit margin the store load onto the price.

In short mate you have to budget very carefully. The only guitar I got was a PRS

Oops.....ballsed this one up good & proper
                              SL3, DKMGT.

Comment

Working...
                              X