Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More stupid RR questions from Model1VH2 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More stupid RR questions from Model1VH2 ...

1) Does Jackson (or did they ever) offer the Ivory/Pinstripe paint scheme on any models other than the LTD. and RR5?

2) Does Jackson (or did they ever) offer a RR model with a flush mounted Floyd?

3) Can anyone offer any information on the side mounted toggle switch?
    Is this only offered on the LTD version? If so, why not any other models?
    Is it because it's just not practical and it gets in the way?

there is a limited ed RR3 I think at samash that has the white with stripes and black with stripes at american musical?

Comment

They've been making flush mounted floyd RR's since, what, '88 - '89 ? Thats how all the non custom RR's with floyds come. At least every regular factory RR I've seen in years has. I think non recessed floyds is a custom shop option only.
      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
        They've been making flush mounted floyd RR's since, what, '88 - '89 ? Thats how all the non custom RR's with floyds come. At least every regular factory RR I've seen in years has. I think non recessed floyds is a custom shop option only.
        You're confusing flush-mounted with recessed. Flush mounting is another term for non-recessed... it's either totally flush on the body (like EVH's guitars, for example) or slightly above the body.
        Today's guitars with recessed Floyds are exactly that... recessed into the body.

I believe a lot of the old models were indeed flush/non-recessed.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry about that, man. In that case, the last flush mounted RR I had was an '87.
          Thanks for the explanation,Toejam.
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Original 80s Floyded RRs were "flush" mount. I nearly bought a factory OFR '85 RR at a GC about 4 years ago. I have a '88 custom shop RR which is non-recesssed. They started doing 1/2 recess around '89.

Recess came in the 90s AFAIK.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
            X