Chris Holmes...CANDID..LAST CALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Holmes...CANDID..LAST CALL

OK all, if anybody remembers WASP???...Chris Holmes was a big time Jackson Charvel endorsee, well I just got off the phone with him and he agreed to do a Q/A session and he said he will gladley spill the dirt on ther falling out he had, so if anybody had any questions they would like me to throw out, I will, also I will be doing a photo shoot, and he will be noodling on my Budweiser Star, gonna get a JCF shirt for him to wear in the pics as well...so fire away, and please keep it tasefull...lol

[ April 14, 2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: sdjacksonlover ]

Re: Chris Holmes...CANDID..LAST CALL

SWEET!
    You know, I've never read a "guitar" interview with him, and would like to know the "usual" guitar-related questions:
    -What guitarists influenced your playing style? I hear some Billy Gibbons in there (harmonics).
    -What groups did you listen to growing up? (most likely the typical Beatles/Hendrix/Zeppelin combo)

I'd also love to know what happened to his guitars (which one did Lita Ford smash and burn, if any?)

Will he continue to use Jacksons now that he's left WASP and sold his old guitars?

What's his favorite WASP album and why? Favorite Solo?

Most importantly, what lies ahead musically? Solo album? New band?

Of course we need a Gear List - amps/effects used, both live and studio. And if you can get him to tell his amp settings (Gain, Vol, EQ, etc)

Make sure you tell him that people still remember him, and still call themselves fans. I learned a lot from him when I first started playing in the 80's (about the time the first album came out up through Electric Circus)
    Chris Holmes is one of the first people I list as a guitar influence.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

sweet now thats what I am talking about NEWC!!!..two weeks, April 19th, I will post the completed interview the following week

Comment

Chris,

Do you listen, or have listened to any of the super shredders of today? Like Rusty Cooley(www.rustycooley.com), Francesco Fareri(www.francescofareri.com), Terry Syrek(www.terrysyrek.com), George Bellas(www.georgebellas.com), and Marcel Coenen(www.marcelcoenen.com)? What do you think of them?

What music have you been into lately?

Comment

one question...will animal play atlanta and when????????...both me and my bass player loved wasp when he was in it and i'd love to see him and randy playing together again...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Well then YOU would love a Animal show, They do the Wasp songs from the first two albums,Chris is really looking forward to hearing from everybody, and being active again, and YES I AM GONNA GET HIM IN A JCF SHIRT!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool! Here are my questions:

1.- Have you tried some of the new imports? (DK2, WRMG, RR5, etc). If yes, please give an honest opinion on them.

2.- What guitars are you playin' at the moment?

3.- Do you see yourself as a guy who evolves with the times or you are really waitin' for a comeback of the 80's kinda metal?

4.- Do you have any kind of formal musical education?

Thanx!

Keep on rockin' ! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

What's the real story behind the decline of the western cilvelation 2 shoot???
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

If he had any songs/solos he could do over, what would they be and why?

Comment

Hey Chris,
                    I'm a WASP fan from way back, like '83-'84.
                    What is Blackie like to work with? What's his personality like? How did you hook up with him?
                    Where did you grow up?

R
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Chris-

1) What is your most memorable moment onstage?
                      2) What is the wildest/strangest thing you've seen or experienced on tour?
                      3) What advice would you give about the music business to someone just starting out and trying to make it?
                      4) What is your dream guitar?

From a friend and long time fan, thanks for all the great music! Keep rockin!

John

Comment

WOW, I am thining about doing this three ways, either a typed text interview,Audio, hosted on my server, or Video Hosted on the server, what do you think would be the best way to go?

Comment

How many groupies have you banged? At once. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k

Comment

A video interview that we could watch would be awesome if it wasn't too much hassle for you.

Comment

I'd like to know what happened to the sound of the Headless Children album - It's one of my favorites, but you can hardly hear the bass (like Justice for all).
                              Also, what was the inspiration for the dinky V with the zebra stripes and the lion pic?(he's a huge guy, so why the small guitar?!)
                              Finally, why can't I get Marshalls to sound like 'Live in the Raw'?.....
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X