Chris Holmes...CANDID..LAST CALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chris Holmes...CANDID..LAST CALL

I just got off the phone with Chris,and we are doing the interview Saturday afternoon, right after sound checks, I want to get all the questions put on paper so it goes smooth, he is a hella cool guy, and actually sounded pretty excited that people were interested in his gear and guitars, and Randy Piper is going to hang out and chime in as well, so and last questions??..lettem fly, BTW the tour is going great, lots of Younger metal heads are going, so at least the Rock/Metal scene is not totally dead, Cool to see younger people singing F*ck like a Beast with the band....lol

Comment

Hey there guys, cool to see Chris joining in on the Animal deal here. Their singer and Randy Piper live here in Cincinnati and I did some web stuff for them and some initial MP3 conversions for them when they were first getting a web site rolling a couple years ago. I just went and saw Animal a month or two ago at a small club here in town where they did a "practice" kinda show.
      Rich is a killer singer and can do the WASP stuff better than Blackie!! I've ran into Randy and Chris around town seeing other bands and it's cool to see they are getting it all back together.

Comment

Tell him I said thanks for putting out the KFD album! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I know he and Blackie got divorced and were pissed and put out that lyrically brutal album, and a lot of listening to that album helped me through my own divorce! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ask Chris if he really used to entertain guests at his parties by putting different color M&M's in his cats empty eye socket. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] God bless him.

Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, a video interview would be great - I got server space [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Of course, I need a near-perfect copy of the original tape (record in a faster mode, not one that takes up less tape, as you'll get better image quality. If you think it'll run longer than 2 hours, bring more tapes [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
            Well, if Randy's gonna be there, heck, just ask em both the same gear questions [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Don't make it out to be an interview of Chris Holmes with Randy Piper tagging along, make it an interview of Chris Holmes and Randy Piper.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

is this for real? or just like the vinnie vincent Q&A

Comment

Guess you will find out Monday, April 21, if it was for real

Comment

I'd also be interested to know how much the 'on stage' Chris Holmes is like the real guy, or if he goes into a kind of psycho character!......
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                    Don't make it out to be an interview of Chris Holmes with Randy Piper tagging along, make it an interview of Chris Holmes and Randy Piper.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I vote for CHRIS ONLY! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As a huge WASP fan from the 80's and forward, (My very first "Sensor Stickered" LP was The Last Command) most of my Chris Holmes questions have already been asked, but
                      1. What do you think of Jackson guitars compared with the Jackson/Charvels of the 80's. (Better or worse and in what way).
                      2. What was your favorite guitar from the 80's-90's that you owned.
                      3. I'd like to know Randy's answer to #2 also.
                      4. For Randy: How was it to play some of those custom creations? (Pipes, The Skull, The Naked Lady) Was it easy to get used to something like that or would you have preferred a more conventional shape for comfort and playability?
                      5. For Randy & Chris: What is your favorite guitar right now that you currently own.

Cheers and I hope to see Animal if they ever get to the Great NW (Portland) area [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Comment

Originally posted by trip hammer:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....excuse me? hey pal, i sent him the questions. i can't go over to his house and stand there and watch him type the answers. i did what i could; he was excited about doing it, i sent him the questions, we talked about them a few times, and then he dropped off the face of the planet just before namm. i know a few people who talked to him regularly, and they've also not heard from the guy in months.

sully
                        damned for doing
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

"holy condescension, Batman!" :lol
                          Damn, that was a low slam on Sully. I agree - should Sully have put him in a nut noose?
                          Man, I've seen low, but that's LOW.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool SDJACKSONLOVE!!!
                            Ask about his guitars.
                            Year? Custom made? Still "Alive"?
                            Where is his yello star?
                            What kind of amp did hi use 83-84?

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by trip hammer:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....excuse me? hey pal, i sent him the questions. i can't go over to his house and stand there and watch him type the answers. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really triphammer! Yeah, nobody on the JCF knows anybody
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X