Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Expensive?

OK, so I accidentally stumbled across this little beauty:

It is for sale (about $1400 if I remember) but I can't afford it. I've always loved the hollowflash finish (I remember seeing Andy Timmons with a Hollowflash Kramer in his early Danger Danger days) so I thought about getting it done on my DK2. I don't know if you can tell, but the guy selling the one above does state that the hollowflash didn't come originally but was professionally applied at a later date. He also mentiones that it costs about $700 to have the hollowflash finish applied professionally.

My question is... is it really THAT expensive to get this particular finish done (I could get a new guitar for that)?
    Last edited by RandyRhoads; 04-05-2007, 07:01 PM.
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

i could glue on some aluminum foil on your guitar for $500
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Yeah that one in the pic looks pretty bad. But I'd think it would just be a matter of foil and some oil and then clearcoat on top?
      Scott

Comment

that's Holoflake? i'll put some Bacofoil on for £20. You can pay the delivery charges though..
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

RR: I live 15 min from Chris. Been to his house before (garage) to look at some stuff. My friend just got some Ibanaz with wizard neck from him.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Does anyone actually know where I can get this finish done in the UK... and have a decent job done (I don't like the idea of attempting it myself)?

Serious answers please... sorry, but I know some of you guy's are dying say "I'll stick some of my moms tin-foil on for 50 quid!"
            sigpic
            And on the 8th day,
            God kicked back with a beer,
            And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

It may look like tin-foil to some people in the pix but I can tell you I've seen Holoflash guitars in person and it looks nothing like tin foil. It is absolutely badass looking! I've seen it at NAMM a few years ago, in fact it was a JCFer that did it. Trillian Guitars I believe. Don't know if he's still on the board or not these days.
              RandyRhoads, I hope you find someone in the UK who can do this finish for you properly. Good luck.

Rudy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wow.... TrillianGuitars is a name I've not heard for quite a while...

Comment

It is a nice guitar but, if you really want a good holoflash guitar look, you could get a lot better then that one. Someone on the board had a holoflash DK2M and that was a good job. That one there looks like they took the material and just layed it across the top and sprayed it. The holoflash lacks character keep looking on the internets for a good shot of holoflash. It isnt just laying the material across some wood and spraying it.

For some reason, I think GMW did it. I might be wrong though.

-Nate

Doh found the thread....

Check that Holoflash... Badass job IMO.
                  Last edited by nateb; 04-07-2007, 05:58 PM. Reason: Google site:www.jcfonline.com <--- rulez
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I think Mean Street guitars did that DK2M. and it's baaaaaaaaaaaaadasssssss.

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
                      I think Mean Street guitars did that DK2M. and it's baaaaaaaaaaaaadasssssss.
                      Yeah they did... I had second thoughts about it and decided to ask for a quote on doing their infinity holoflash like that DK2M on one of my soloists. THe difference is that it contains a lot more browns/reds. That green is fucken amazing.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Kind of reminds me of Opal-

Comment

that looks pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                          X