No announcement yet.

Best guitars on Earth, they really are.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best guitars on Earth, they really are.

Jacksons... (this includes Charvels too)
    are the absolute best guitar ever! I've played lots of other guitars, but nothing compares to a good USA or CS Jackson.

Just wanted to say that.

Best guitars!
    and for prices... hum... that's another story .
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

I agree to a certain extent. For metal, rock, shred, and basically every guitar pyrotechnics oriented style nothing beats a USA or Custom Shop Jackson. Other brands might be just as good but better? I don't think so.
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Jackson/Charvel is the absolute best, yes! I own other brands as well but they just aren't quite the same.

Rudy
      www.wickedrocks.com
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

This is a Jackson/Charvel Forum. Of course you had to say that ! For the most part I'll have to agree for a mass produced/custom manufactured guitar. Why do you think I bought 6 in the last two years?
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
          Jacksons... (this includes Charvels too)
          are the absolute best guitar ever! I've played lots of other guitars, but nothing compares to a good USA or CS Jackson.

Just wanted to say that.

Best guitars!
          and for prices... hum... that's another story .
          yeah... they're ok.... I wish they were more inovative like Phoenix Musical Instruments. but then you get what you pay for.

*And yes, to prevent dumb asses from thinking I'm serious, the Phoenix Musical Instruments thing was a f'n joke.*
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

opinions

Comment

Jackson rules. Point.
              SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
              SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

USA, CS, and early pro series are great IMO. although they did make quite a few less than fantastic guitars too
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I'd have to agree with you if we're talking about guitars produced from 1984-1995 or so. The guitars built after that time period started declining in quality. Anything built from 2000-on is a roll of the dice. Back in the day(84-95) nobody could touch the quality fretwork coming out of San Dimas/Ontario shops. In the past 10 years or so, that super great fretwork has seemed to disappear. There are many other manufacturers with much superior necks and fretwork now. Ibanez Japan has necks and fretwork down to a riduculously consistent and perfect science. They must be using a plec machine. Their fretwork is miles superior to Jackson USA at this time.

Comment

Bengal65, I'm not saying it because its a Jackson forum. I do have other brands (ESP, Gibson, Fender, EBMM, Ibanez, one Robin and one el-cheapo BC Rich) and some of those are great too. But I find the Jacksons to be consistently better.
                    Guitarzan2, I have not noticed the decline in quality you mention in Jacksons over the past 10 years. I've heard the quality horror stories on here over the last couple months but can't say that my post 95 guitars are any worse than previous ones. Also, in the rare event that I run across a USA Jackson in stock at a local music store, I notice they are usually set up better from the factory than other brands off the shelf. As Vertigo08 said, Opinions

Rudy
                    www.wickedrocks.com
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                      Bengal65, I'm not saying it because its a Jackson forum. I do have other brands (ESP, Gibson, Fender, EBMM, Ibanez, one Robin and one el-cheapo BC Rich) and some of those are great too. But I find the Jacksons to be consistently better.
                      Guitarzan2, I have not noticed the decline in quality you mention in Jacksons over the past 10 years. I've heard the quality horror stories on here over the last couple months but can't say that my post 95 guitars are any worse than previous ones. Also, in the rare event that I run across a USA Jackson in stock at a local music store, I notice they are usually set up better from the factory than other brands off the shelf. As Vertigo08 said, Opinions

Rudy
                      www.wickedrocks.com
                      Rudy, I was just joking! I'm one of the one's that should be pissed with the PC1 LTD that I had problems with And that includes all the others that have had or are having problems with their custom ordered models. I too have many other manufacturer's guitars.

"guitarzan2
                      I'd have to agree with you if we're talking about guitars produced from 1984-1995 or so. The guitars built after that time period started declining in quality. Anything built from 2000-on is a roll of the dice. Back in the day(84-95) nobody could touch the quality fretwork coming out of San Dimas/Ontario shops. In the past 10 years or so, that super great fretwork has seemed to disappear. There are many other manufacturer's with much superior necks and fretwork now. Ibanez Japan has necks and fretwork down to a riduculously consistent and perfect science. They must be using a plec machine. Their fretwork is miles superior to Jackson USA at this time."

I didn't have interest "back in the day" for anything that wasn't a Gibson, Fender or a Gretsch, so I cannot compare the the pre '95's to the post '95's (I started playing in 1966). I do however, build quite a few guitars from scratch, and I am somewhat a perfectionist when it comes to details. I've bought 6 USA Jackson's since 8/2004 and I'll have to say the one's I bought (and all sight unseen) were pretty much spot on. The important details like the fret work, neck, binding, paint and overall action were great. I really believe that Jackson Charvel has seen a growth period in the last several years and have suffered growing pains under the new management. Some for the worse and some for the better.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                        USA, CS, and early pro series are great IMO. although they did make quite a few less than fantastic guitars too
                        Don't forget higher end Jackson Stars and Grover Jacksons .

Thread starter is right!

Comment

I've been a JEM and Universe guy for 5 years straight, but now that I'm playing the Dragon on a daily basis I have to say it's a better guitar. Feels better, sounds better - responds better. And it looks better too.
                          Strat God Music
                          http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I'm starting to think that "the best guitars on Earth" are the old ones. You don't find out whether you have a winner unless it's been around for about 15 years and still kicks ass.
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
                              I'd have to agree with you if we're talking about guitars produced from 1984-1995 or so. The guitars built after that time period started declining in quality. Anything built from 2000-on is a roll of the dice. Back in the day(84-95) nobody could touch the quality fretwork coming out of San Dimas/Ontario shops. In the past 10 years or so, that super great fretwork has seemed to disappear. There are many other manufacturers with much superior necks and fretwork now. Ibanez Japan has necks and fretwork down to a riduculously consistent and perfect science. They must be using a plec machine. Their fretwork is miles superior to Jackson USA at this time.

Off that you say this since the latter half of your great period (1988/89 to 1995) is thought of by even the heartiest Jackson fan as a down period. It's also a period when they lost all the guys that loved them. For me 1995-2000 is like a black hole. I don't know much about that period. But the Fender period brought back great craftsmanship, if you ask me. And yeah, great craftsmanship alongside mind-numbing quality control problems. Maybe that's what you mean by hit or miss. Nonetheless, of all the things that have gone wrong in the last 5 years (clearcoat issues, poor planning and routing, etc.) the last thing I've ever heard anyone complain about is fretwork.

Grab yourself a Fender USA or a Gibson SG at the same price level that you can buy a Jackson USA Select, and you'll find that Jackson has the best fretwork. I don't know about Ibanez, haven't played one since I bought a brand new Roadstar. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X