Best guitars on Earth, they really are.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
    Jacksons... (this includes Charvels too)
    are the absolute best guitar ever! I've played lots of other guitars, but nothing compares to a good USA or CS Jackson.

Just wanted to say that.

Best guitars!
    and for prices... hum... that's another story .
    agreed

Comment

Yes...Jackson KV models (USA and PRO) are the best guitars in the world

Comment

I heard people saying that 06' Jacksons are getting improving

Comment

Originally posted by RR3Supreme View Post
          I heard people saying that 06' Jacksons are getting improving
          What you mean improving? As far as I know the Jackson have been always built with high quality...I have KV (2001) and KV Pro (1994)..both awesome axes.

Comment

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Charvels & Jackson Guitars RUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS S!!!!!!
            BTW: I never played better japanese guitars anywhere else! They're worth their price. USA Charvels/Jacksons are the best guitars on earth for me!
            RATT RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
              What you mean improving? As far as I know the Jackson have been always built with high quality...I have KV (2001) and KV Pro (1994)..both awesome axes.
              I mean improving on the quality of those factory-made models, no matter the action or overall quality , and u can deny the truth that they are improving as most of them are getting real sd pickups.

Comment

The quality of the Custom Shop Demon I got last year is just sick. Anyone I show it too including luthiers just can't believe what a nice guitar it is. Noticeably nicer than my PC1 which just blows me away because the PC1 an awesome guitar as it is. I got the PC1 in 2003 and the Demon in 2005.

Currently also have a Warrior which is nice from 2003. Had an SL2 which was OK but that one did not have OFR or upgraded electronics. Bought it used and sold it. The SL2 was not as nice as the bolt ons I have.

In fact I now like the Jackson bolt ons better than the neck throughs.

The only other guitar I have found that played as nice as a Jackson is the Parker Fly. And I don't trust them. I have heard most of them sound thin and they have problems with the bridges. Lots of complaints over at the Parker Fly forum.

I have owned an Original Gibson Firebird, '70 Gibson SG, Fender Strat, PRS, Hamer Cali, Robin Medley and Ibanez Jem.
                And I have played and demo'd just about everything out there - Suhr, Anderson, Baker, Warrior, Zion, Langcaster, Melancon, etc....

The Hamer Cali was nice as is the Robin. But they have 1-5/8" nuts and smaller frets. The Robin has a scarf joint - the PC1 and Demon do not. I don't like glue in my necks. I can tell even though the necks are slightly smaller on the above my fingers feel slightly cramped up.

There are 3 guitars I may give a try - one from USMasters, a 24 fret from Suhr coming out next year and possibly the Vigier Excalibur. The only other ones that come to mind could be Moser Custom Shop and Hill Guitars.

Vigier necks may be too slim for my hands also. I hear they are pretty thin. I don't like Wizard style thin necks. My hands are too big. I need some meat to grab onto for vibrato.

Other than these 5 companies above I can't think of anything in a 24 fretter that could come close to a Jackson for this style of guitar.
                Last edited by shredmonster; 04-09-2007, 09:11 AM.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I've always loved the KV2 but am an american BC Rich guy. I own three and have a fourth on the way and have had a few others. The KV2 is still one of the best guitars ever. I've had SL1s SL2Hs and KE2s all very nice guitars but not that "home" feeling. Just something about that KV2.
                  Last edited by H8Red442; 04-09-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RR3Supreme View Post
                    I mean improving on the quality of those factory-made models, no matter the action or overall quality , and u can deny the truth that they are improving as most of them are getting real sd pickups.
                    Ok..you're talking about Japan models (RR3, RR5, SL3). I was talking about USA made Jacksons

Comment

shredmonster, could you post the specs of your demon, please? I was pretty much under the impression that my PC-1 sounds as good as it gets. I was thinking about ordering the PC-1 wood combo for a custom guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
                        shredmonster, could you post the specs of your demon, please? I was pretty much under the impression that my PC-1 sounds as good as it gets. I was thinking about ordering the PC-1 wood combo for a custom guitar.
                        Dude its kind of a long story. I wanted a guitar that had pointier horns than the normal soloist shape. So I saw the Demon but I did not want a left handed looking guitar. So they agreed to do a "reverse body style." Well I got pics and found all they initially did was reverse the body so can you imagine - picture how the top of your guitar usually is with the horn pocket and part of the body going back to the neck at about the 20th fret or whatever. Now reverse that and picture your top horn pocket on the bottom side of your guitar - blocking access to the 24th fret. This is how they were originally making my Demon until I saw a pic of the construction of it and notified them that it was incorrect. I had specifically and originally stated to make sure I have good access to the 24th fret.
                        So they corrected it and this took about 6 months or so to do. On the other hand, the upper pocket of the guitar is very deep - similar to how it would be on the bottom. So there is nothing on top to block my hands to upper fret access which is great.
                        Why am I telling you this - so if you order one you can watch out for this - providing you get a reverse body style.

Basically I wanted a PC1 with a different body and thats sort of what I received. The Demon body. I asked for the same neck. Here is the kicker - they put a AAAAA flamed maple fingerboard on the thing. Really upgraded the wood. The PC1 has AAA I think. Fingerboard is really thick too. The neck is a little slimmer than my PC1 overall and flatter on the back. I don't know how they did it or how to specify that but its super comfy. They told me the neck was hand made and even they would not be able to duplicate it exactly if I ordered another one.

Its got a mahogany body like the PC1 with a thicker maple top - 3/8" or 3/4" - can't remember exactly. Maybe thats why it sounds more focused. They had to give me thick maple they said to cover the large horn cavities in the Demon body. Also the Demon is an arch top so the body is thicker than the PC1 at certain points. Its just got so much tone its unbelievable. I would have been happy if it just sounded as good as the PC1 I thought to myself when I ordered it.
                        I was stunned when I A/B'd them.

I asked for a flamed maple paint job but I got something different - which was OK because it was a great paint job.

I have a coil splitter, OFR trem, gold hardware, bolt on maple neck, 24 frets, SD Custom 5 in the bridge and '59 in the neck.

Sustain is just killer and harmonics jump off the thing. A very organic sounding guitar. Very articulate during scalar speed runs. I have a post on the board with pics.

The neck pocket is the regular "Big Block" style - more mass there than the shaved down one in the PC1. Which I think must also be contributing to the overall resonance and sustain. I have big hands and long fingers so it does not bother me too much. I can do an Am arpeggio right at the 24th fret. But a person with small hands playing the thing - forget it.

So if you get a bolt on and you don't want the large neck block you better specify to have it slimmed like on the PC1. When I asked for the same neck as the PC1 I figured they would do this. Not so. So if you order a custom specify everything - fret wire, where your tone and volume controls go - everything to the last detail or you will get whatever.

By the way I took the guitar in to get it professionally set up and they said the Demon had really hardened frets.
                        Last edited by shredmonster; 04-09-2007, 04:20 PM.
                        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by H8Red442 View Post
                          I've always loved the KV2 but am an american BC Rich guy.
                          OT: Any details on what BCRs you've had?
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Well ... yes and no. I thought at one time the Jackson Dinky (1991 model) on the right was the ultimate i had ever played, until i got
                            my hands on the HRF 2005 CS Eldred on the left! It slays the Jackson!
                            The EVH in the middle is great and slightly better than the Dinky imo
                            although most of what im saying is the active tone from the Dinky's PUPs
                            Maybe i put in real EMG 85/81's and i have to change my opinion?
                            I have found NO blemish, or even slight quality control problem with
                            either the 05' HRF, or the 06' EVH even the clear coat is immaculate.

Comment

Agreed. Next to Daisy Rock, Jacksons are consistently the best guitar on the market.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I've tried a million guitars in the world, with any chance I get! And nothing still compares to my 91 sl1!! As far as playing metal anyway! My 06 Kv is something I've really come to enjoy as well! I gotta admit Jacksons are the show in my book!
                                I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                                X