Charvel Make/Model/Yr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Make/Model/Yr

Hi there...Im new to this forum but not to Charvel...I purchased a new Charvel from GC back in the mid to late 80s...dont recall what I paid for it and I recently found the actual receipt for it and tossed it so no info as to what model it was...I also wanted to see where it was made and around when...is there a place where I would be able to access this information...serial number is 362XXX. Im not trying to sell it but i didnt notice some wear on the neck bolts and want to replace them eventually. Thanks for any assistance in this matter.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States cannot make it without Texas!
    -- Sam Houston, President of the Republic of Texas

Serial puts it closer to 1990, but pics would help.
    What kind of logo does it have? Guitar shaped logo or toothpaste script?
    Pickup config, 22 or 24 fret, inlays, etc...
    -Rick

Comment

thanks like i said it was late 80s...wish i was sober back then...that way id remember when it was...anyways heres a couple of pics...it is 22 frets...toothpaste script and now for pics...sorry if pics are too big i tried resizing but i guess it didnt work too well.

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States cannot make it without Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Seems to be a 275 Deluxe.
        http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page13.htm
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep... a 1990 275.
          Has a single locking JT-570 trem too.
          -Rick

Comment

Well im sure glad someone out there knows their shtuff coz Im pretty bad at remembering but then again...it was a long time ago...L.A....anyways...so with all this in mind...do you know where it was made...Ive seen some that actually say Made in USA/China whatever but this one I cant locate where it was made at...Im assuming USA but I try to not assume too much hehehe...thanks again for all your help.

Comment

"This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

MIJ. Its a mid bottom feeder Charvel, but they play and sound good and are what I consider decent guitars save for the trem which is a pain to get setup to stay in tune. single locking.
                I really liked mine, got alot of tones out of the 5 way.

Comment

Is there a way to take locking saddles from a double locking licensed Floyd Rose, and swap them with the saddles on the JT-570, thereby making it a close version of a Schaller JT-590?

Comment

Yes but you have to use the fat stubby lock screws as the slots on that trem are wide to fit the hollow square tubes that the strings go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                      Yes but you have to use the fat stubby lock screws as the slots on that trem are wide to fit the hollow square tubes that the strings go through.
                      Are those a standard bolt that can be ordered? I think it may have be machined specifically for the Schaller trems and is not a standard as I haven't seen a bolt like that for any other application, but I could hopefully be wrong.

Comment

well thats one thing ive wanted to change so whatever info you might have is very helpful...for those of you that have played this model...what pickups do you think would be good to change the tone from a heavy sound to maybe something a lil more crisp

Comment

Well.. those pickups are pretty much 3 singles. I've often seen them with 3 EMG SA's. You could pretty much toss in anything you wanted in the single coil preference. Singles that are pretty crisp? Sounds like a set of stratish pickups.. noiseless, texas specials.. you name your poison on that one. I liked those pickups as opposed to the j-200's which I don't believe those are, I forget what they are offhand but I'm thinking they're not J-200's. Similar style tho, they still sound a bit woody but they're not bad.

Comment

Yes i do see them as 3 singles and just want to make it a "crisper" sounding axe...i had an Aria Pro II that was great but got rid of that a long time ago...i guess ill go to GC and check some out...Im just glad that they finally opened a store here in Amarillo...we shall see what they got

Comment

Depends if you want hum cancel or not. When I think sizzle, Fender Texas Specials but you can buy those used fairly cheap.. under a hundred for the set. I like the Fender Noiseless for a hum cancel with a truer single sound...that or Dimarzio's vintage or HM2 or 3. There's alot of the same question asked in the past.. you might find something in the archives if you perform a search.

Comment

Working...
                              X