Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help...

Hi people,

I need your help identifying my Charvel. Have had the guitar for about 2 years and been searching the internet for more information about my guitar. It's a SSH pickup setup and it's got a Jackson tremolo bridge. It's got a volume and tone knob and a 5-way switch. It has a bolt-on neck and the fingerboard has dot-inlays. The neck also has a lock nut.
    The color of the guitar is a pink metallic. The serial on the neckplate is 312900.

What I found is that it's probably a Charvel Model 3 but maybe I'm wrong about this. Here are some pics for identification. The humbucker on the pics is a Dimarzio Tone Zone. I still got the original.
    What I would like to know is what model it is,what year it's made and how much it's worth.

It's an '87 or '88 Model 3. My guess is that it's more likely an '88 because of the color (Burgundy Mist was the official name for it), which I think was more common later on. Pretty sure they tend to go for somewhere around $300 these days.

Comment

Hi thanx for the info!!

just one other question. Can you tell if this Charvel is an import or a USA version? I heard that although it says Fort Worth on the neckplate it still can be an import. Is this true??

Comment

Yes, that is true, newb. All Model series were made in Japan.

See ya in the Classifieds!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

All the model Charvels (designated by the smaller guitar logo w/ pointy headstock) are MIJ. Even tho the plates say FT Worth..the bulk of manufacturing took place in Japan. Some minor assembly for a few of the models series was done in the USA if I recall correct which is how they got away with doing the plate like that.
          Last edited by charvelguy; 04-11-2007, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X