• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Made Amps???

?
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Jackson had another company make them, and then they just stuck the Jackson brand name on them. I think it was in the 90's at some point. didn't last long IIRC.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Whoa, who's the lucky SOB who owns that rig?!
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, they had the Reference, pictured above, the JG series and the Apogee combo which was a ss/tube hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          Whoa, who's the lucky SOB who owns that rig?!

I wonder.

There's a silver sparkle 550XL hanging in a local guitar shop and when I first saw it, it immediately reminded me of that guitar. Except the clear on the 550 has unfortunately faded to a yellow hue, so it's not so silver now...
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I have a mid 80s Jackson JG-3 100 watt tube head.4 EL34 and 4 12AX7s.These were built by Laney in England.It has gain 1and 2 low and hi guitar inputs.3 stage mid boost. Presence treble and bass and master volume.
            This is a very British sounding hi gain amp,some have said they tended to be dark sounding.Mine is very mid range and has a nice sizzle when pushed hard.
            The only thing missing is reverb but I can run the POD thru it and get reverb.
            Sounds sweet cranked thru the power brake.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I got a Jackson JX-3 Preamp. 2 and a half channel with 2 tubes in there. a Cleanchannel and an Overdrive channel with and extra Shred-Channel for more gain. Nice thing and good tone on it, just got to find the right tubes for yourself. Goes really cheap on ebay nowadays.
              "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

I love the look of the cabinet. I have a Marshall 1960BV, which sounds great, but I wish it looked like the Jackson cab.

Comment

actually, the Jackson cabs don't sound to bad for being particle board. They are of deeper construction than your typical 4x12. Mine was loaded with celestion 35's.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                    Yeah, they had the Reference, pictured above, the JG series and the Apogee combo which was a ss/tube hybrid.
                    Shows what I know. I've had an Apogee 50 for years and have never even popped the back to check the tubes. I thought it was all tube.

I also have one of the 4x12 cabs, although mine has black speakers, supposedly Eminence. Whatever it's made of, that cab is heavy as hell, but very sturdy. Sounds good too, at least to my ears.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have 2 of the 412s. They have red cone Eminence speakers with the Jackson logo on the dust covers, and sound kick ass. Mine aren't heavy though. In fact, compared to my Peavey Butcher 412, these things are super lightweight.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Here's my pair of 2x12s. Mine are heavy. Each one by itself weighs as much as a regular 4x12.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had that same amp with the MATCHING cab. It was pretty nice. Then I got rack fever...

Comment

Yeah, this is the matching set:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Trading Muscsian here in Seattle has had a 4X12 for a few years, I think they want like $300 for it
                              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                              X