Newbee post/ strathead info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbee post/ strathead info?

Hi, New around here, but have been getting back into charvels, the guitars i played and loved as a kid Just wondering everyones thoughts as to What the last 21 fret necked San dimas strathead should have been ser# wise ? Low #1600's or would there be a possibility of a 21 fretter slipping into the high # 1900's or is this more than likely a changed neck(earlier) on a later body? Cheers

Good question, I always asumed all 21 frets w/rounded fretboard end were pre production or pre serial.Anything after that it was 22 frets with a squared fretboard end unless of course its a custom order then you coud see a serialized 21 fretterfrom time to time, correct me if I am wrong Charvel gurus...

Comment

No I'm sure I've seen up too 1500's with 21 frets but did think that was a little high a number then? But was offered one in the 1900's with a 21 fret neck by a reputable dealer that should know their charvels? It was actually on a trade, they sort of skated the question when asking about the issues. So I assumed it was Parts guitar, and not a top$$$ guitar?

Comment

Working...
      X