New here, and a unknown jackson :O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, and a unknown jackson :O

Hey all, as im not sure where to make my first post, ill just do it right here

Untill recently i didnt know about these forums, and ive always been looking at Jackson guitars, on the internet, and in the local music shop ofcourse ! Great fun all, but it was time to move on. The phurcase of a Jackson !

So yes, i did got it, its in a poor state, but ill get it up good an running again, with you're help if possible, to awnser some of my questions !

The right one ofcourse ! First of all id like to ask you the following: I cant find my serial number ! Its not on the fretboard, and since its a bolt on without a neckplate, im confused :O The headstock says "Made in the USA" And it had a case, unfortunally without the papers

Later today ill post better pictures, maybe tho, some of you could tell me youre opinions on this guitar ? I really want to know more about it, and these forums will hopefully help me gather the information.

Thanks alot for reading this, Lars
    '87 Jackson RR Custom Shop

Welkom, Lars!

Well first off, that pic is way too small.

In the meantime, check out Hendrik's neat page comparing USA Rhoads to the Japanese PRO: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/JacksonRhoadsInfo.htm
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply Ill go look there while im still at school, and upload some pics as soon as i get home. Thanks for the welcome aswell

Lars

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Welkom, Lars!

Well first off, that pic is way too small.

In the meantime, check out Hendrik's neat page comparing USA Rhoads to the Japanese PRO: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/JacksonRhoadsInfo.htm
        His name is Henrik
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Ron with the typo!
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Larss View Post
            The right one ofcourse ! First of all id like to ask you the following: I cant find my serial number ! Its not on the fretboard, and since its a bolt on without a neckplate, im confused :O The headstock says "Made in the USA" And it had a case, unfortunally without the papers

Later today ill post better pictures, maybe tho, some of you could tell me youre opinions on this guitar ? I really want to know more about it, and these forums will hopefully help me gather the information.

Thanks alot for reading this, Lars
            First off, congrats on the guitar. Now, if I understand you correctly, it's a bolt-on neck, but has no neck plate, so I assume it has those bushings instead of the plate. That in itself is bizarre. I'm no expert, but I've never seen a Jackson bolt-on without a neck plate.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              First off, congrats on the guitar. Now, if I understand you correctly, it's a bolt-on neck, but has no neck plate, so I assume it has those bushings instead of the plate. That in itself is bizarre. I'm no expert, but I've never seen a Jackson bolt-on without a neck plate.
              The Kelly XL and XLR had bolt-on necks without neck plates. I believe the Scott Ian import JJ also had no neck plate.

There was a USA bolt-on Rhoads, the RR2, but that had an ebony board with no inlays, and I believe no pickguard. Seems like maybe Larss' guitar has a new USA neck bolted onto an import body?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah, yes. I do indeed remember the JJ with bushings.

Comment

It should've been "an unknown jackson".

I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Hi,

Welcome! always nice to see more Dutchies!

I'm afraid I got some bad news for ya.. Is it this one:

I made a topic on it here-->

Last edited by AfterForever; 04-16-2007, 11:51 AM.
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Nice guitar..
                      Welcome aboard
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

LTD relic
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Damn I knew I had seen that before. Definitely not a Jackson.

Comment

Bummer ! Ohh well, i'm planning to order a semi costum RR by summertime. A real one

In the meanwhile ill work on making this one as good as i can, which in the beginning as the reason to buy this guitar in the first place. Like the topic said, 600USD is not what i payed for it anyway, i got off alot

Let me tho tell you some plans for this one:

EMG 81 & 85
                            Original Floyd Rose
                            Refinised body
                            New tuners

Hopefully that will make it a little "Jackson"
                            Last edited by Larss; 04-16-2007, 01:23 PM.

Comment

what's with the chopped inlay?
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X