Life Sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Sucks!

Today messed up my finger while using a bandsaw in wood shop and I can't play guitar for a while. I don't know what I going to do instead of jammin. This sucks!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Life Sucks!

Oh man! First rule of guitar: stay as far away from power cutting tools as you can.

Hope you get better soon.

Comment

that sucks
      good luck on the recovery

Comment

How about drinking until ya [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

How bad is it?? Stitches? Which finger? Share the bloody details...

[ April 04, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: ROCKPRO ]

Comment

I feel for ya! Last summer I broke the pinkie at the top joint on my left hand. Talk about a bummer! Had it in a splint for almost 2 months and then had rehab to get the flexibility back. Best advice I can give is give it time to heal. You're better off not rushing it - it only prolongs the recovery.

Comment

I WANT PICS. POST PICS NOW!

blood is cool.

Comment

When I was on the road @ 19 with no insurance, I lacerated my right hand middle finger when moving a piece of gear for a gig. A sharp corner cut from the side of the fingernail to past the first knuckle (a little over an inch)
                Went to the hospital.. 6+ stitches later.. I had to play with a huge bandage and splint on my middle finger of my picking hand (so I wouldn't instinctively bend it and rip it open).. It was essentially looking like I was giving everyone the finger.

Be thankful you didn't lose it permanently.

Comment

Man I have to say that this totally sucks and I'm speaking from experience here too.... Ya want pic's..... here's a pic of my index finger on my picking hand (thank GOD!!) after I put it through one of the boneless bandsaw blades at work one day (I'm an assistant meat dept. manager at a local grocery store!!)... That one took me out for a while [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ... It's amazing how you'll "adapt" though.

That hurt pretty good... I agree that as a guitar player you should stay as far away from powered cutting machines.... Of course, I've never been accused of having much sense [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

nice...

hope it heals quick.

that is a sweet pic

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My injury isn't as nasty as that pic, but it hurts like a mother and hurts way more when i tried to play. I think I'll be out for a week or two. No stitches though, even though I should have. Now that i look at it, it is pretty deep.

Comment

hmm, want that beef rare?

Yeah, used to do prep in a restaurant when I was a teen, cutting onions wasn't a fun thing.
                        I still think of people slicing themselves when I go to Arby's or a deli.
                        They should give you a mesh mit or something that is like a Kevlar glove.

Comment

We actually have a sort of "kevlar" glove but you wouldn't dare use it while on the saw, if that thing got caught in there.... my whole hand would look like that [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] !!

That happened about 8 months ago and it's healed really well, I took that pic to send to my sister.... I knew it would gross her out, so it had to be done [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ... You can barely see where it happend but I will say that my "pointer" finger is just a little more "pointier" than it used to be [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...

On the bright side, I did learn how to pick using my thumb and middle finger though, so you see... you can consider it a learning experience.. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ April 04, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Stephan ]

Comment

Ja.. but so is a lawnmower and pipe bombs or fireworks.

Glad you can still play.
                            [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

(although, your neighbors might disagree!)

[ April 04, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

yeah, i know that feeling exactly, i've had to endure it while getting the rhoads, and now i gotta wait too while the trem is being installed...ahhh the wait will be worth it though.. mmm mmm

Comment

Working...
                              X