Finding my Charvel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding my Charvel.

Hey guys im looking at buying a Charvel cause they gorgez and sound amazing. I already own a RR-1. Only thing is im not sure where to find the exact one that i want. I would like 22 frets, pointy head stock and two humbucks, not to fussed if its fixed bridge or locking trem. What model do you think i should e looking for?
    Sorry im a bit of a to Charvel.

Thanks

One more thing. Should i be looking at a specific year the guitars made?

Comment

Are you interested in USA guitars or imports? If it's USA, keep an eye out on eBay for older San Dimas Charvels (most pointies will be from the '83 to '86 period) or the newer reissues from about '05 on. There is no specific model name or number for these. The old ones were all custom orders and the newer ones are just called San Dimas Standard or whatever. Just look for one that fits your specs.

As far as imports, there were a few that fit the bill, like the Model 3A (bolt-on) or the Model 5 (neck-through). Best bet is to look through some of these catalog scans, especially from '86 through the early '90s:

Comment

Hey man im interested in a USA Charvel for sure. I really dig the one steve vai plays in crossroads but its bolt on neck i would like something neck thru and something close to the rr- 1 neck cause its amazing. Thanks for that link ill have a look through it. So you would say best thing to do is keep an eye out on fee bay?

Comment

Working...
        X