New member needs advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member needs advice

Hello everyone, new guy on the block here.
    I'm a huge fan of 80's "hair metal" and have always wanted a real monster of a guitar. So after a bit of photoshop work I came up with my dream guitar. I'll post a pic of it when I have better time. I'll just describe it for now.

Basically it's a Strat style Jackson or Charvel, humbucker-single-single, reverse headstock, shark fin inlays, Floyd Rose and a crazy PINK bengal paint scheme.

I had the idea of putting the thing together myself. The idea lsituation would be to find a guitar that looks exactly like it or very close but I'm also willing to buy individual parts and put it together myself.

However, I am not all that familiar with Jackson Charvel guitars. Any general advice is greatly appreciated. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of? Particular models I should look for or stay away from? Has anyone here done something similar?

Thanks in advance.

Something like this?

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

sort of yes

Yeah sort of like that, even if that looks a bit more purple than pink on my screen.
      But my design has two single coils (even if I don't really use the middle one a lot it's nice to have the option), rosewood fretboard, shark fin inlays and a reverse pointy headstock. Man when I get that thing together it's going to be kick ass!

Comment

You need a neck from a DXMG and a body from a DK2

Comment

Welcome aboard
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Hi, What you need is a DK2 Body and a DXMG Neck like TheTroy stated already. If you refin it, it will look something like this:

"I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Saw this on e-bay in the UK mate, might be close to what you want, not a bad start price even with the exchange rate. See what you think,

SL3, DKMGT.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                You need a neck from a DXMG and a body from a DK2
                Exactamundo! I did the opposite when building my mutt..... DXMG body with DK2 neck. It gets more play time than my more expensive guitars.
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Just for your reference, we're making these mockups by clicking on the "Resources" button at the very top of the page and then using the Custom Shop Generator.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scotty2 View Post
                    Saw this on e-bay in the UK mate, might be close to what you want, not a bad start price even with the exchange rate. See what you think,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHARVEL-JACKSO...QQcmdZViewItem
                    Cool graphic. I always wanted one of those custom shop Fort Worth TX guitars. That look a lot like a 3DR. still cool tho.. lol

Comment

Okay here it is. I made this in photoshop.
                      As you can see, the pink is sort of a "pinkburst" and starts off as white around the edge.

The reverse headstock is not an absolute must but would be really cool if I could get it. Thanks so much for the advice so far
                      Last edited by jonasaberg; 04-21-2007, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty2 View Post

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHARVEL-JACKSO...QQcmdZViewItem

Ooh that's just down the road form me!
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Yeah looks okay. I’m trying to stay away from e-bay and similar sites though as I have never bought anything from an auction site and am skeptical sending money to someone I don’t know with no guarantee of getting the product.

Comment

Working...
                          X