New here and have a question about a Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and have a question about a Jackson

Hello all, I am new here but not new to forums. I am a regular on Rig Talk and have been a member of HC since 2002 buthardly go there anymore and most of you probably know why...I look forward to learning about J/C guitars!

Anyway, I have a Jackson JDR-94 that I got from a guy and it was in terrible shape. I rewired it, cleaned it up, set it up, and now it plays great. I know it was MIJ in around '94 or so and that they only made them for a year and then they changed to the Professional series. Is that correct? Any more info out there about these guitars that I should know? Thanks for the info, guys and nice to be here!

Originally posted by killertone View Post
    Hello all, I am new here but not new to forums. I have been a member of HC since 2002 but hardly go there anymore and most of you probably know why...
    Because of Vince S?

Welcome, newb!

I have a Jackson JDR-94 that plays great. I know it was MIJ in around '94 or so and that they only made them for a year and then they changed to the Professional series. Is that correct? Any more info out there about these guitars that I should know? Thanks for the info, guys and nice to be here!
    Cool! Reverse headstocks rule!
    You could also try the Search function!

In the meantime

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by killertone View Post
      Anyway, I have a Jackson JDR-94 that I got from a guy and it was in terrible shape. I rewired it, cleaned it up, set it up, and now it plays great. I know it was MIJ in around '94 or so and that they only made them for a year and then they changed to the Professional series. Is that correct? Any more info out there about these guitars that I should know? Thanks for the info, guys and nice to be here!
      Welcome.

The JDR-94 was renamed the PS-4 under the Performer series, which is now called the JS series.
      Bottom of the line Jackson imports.
      The JDR-94 is a decent guitar, it just came with crap for hardware and electronics.

The Professional series, depending on the year and model, are one step below the USA models. Some of the early Professional series were built just as good as the USA versions.
      -Rick

Comment

I have a JDR-94 and it really is a nice guitar! I swapped out the bridge pick-up to a SD Screamin Deamon and replaced the plastic top hat knobs with chrome and it is good to go. The only prob I have had with the guitar is I had to replace the 5 way toggle switch and the trem bar is wierd how it is threaded, but the guitar NEVER goes out of tune. I use this one for E Flat tuning. Read the reviews on Harmony Central. People who have owned it, really like this guitar. It has a thin unfinished neck and is a real easy player. I think there are probably worse Jacksons than this.
        "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

The main issue I had with my JDR-94 was the JT-500 trem.
          It was great for a while but then the knife edges crapped out.
          Would never return to zero without a nudge.
          -Rick

Comment

Working...
          X