Difference DK1 SL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference DK1 SL1

What is the main difference between these models... thinkin of gettin a stratshaped guitar and.... guess... like always... surprise surprise.... i find myself lookin for a Jackson..

So please lemme hear/read something folks!!!

Thanx in advance...
    Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

DK = bolt on
    SL = neck through
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Both are available US made or pacific-rim made.
      US made guitars are higher quality and in turn cost more.

SL1 & SL2's are USA while SL-3's are asian.

I've had all US made models over time and currently have a DK1 bolt-on which I love. Neck-through guitars have a different deeper tone and longer sustain than traditional bolt-on guitars - try one out before you buy to make sure it's right for you.

I will say I'm impressed with the quality of the pacific-rim instruments, but as an old snob-rocker I'm set in my ways and prefer US made guitars and tube amps. Go play a bunch and you'll find the right Jackson for you.
      Strat God Music
      http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

DK1 - Bolt-on, oiled neck, very thin neck profile (think Charvel pointyhead), H-H EMGs.

SL1 - Neck-through, painted neck, medium thin neck profile, HSS Duncans.

Comment

Thanx so far folks!!! Dunno why... but its kinda "MUST" that it shows "Made in USA" beside the logo... lol!!!! I am feelin so comfy(handling, playin and sound) with my KE2 so i think i'll go for the SL1 or 2... somehow i dont like bolt-on necks... Why the fuck ever... But nevertheless i will check that asian made stuff either!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
            Both are available US made or pacific-rim made.
            US made guitars are higher quality and in turn cost more.

SL1 & SL2's are USA while SL-3's are asian.

I've had all US made models over time and currently have a DK1 bolt-on which I love. Neck-through guitars have a different deeper tone and longer sustain than traditional bolt-on guitars - try one out before you buy to make sure it's right for you.

I will say I'm impressed with the quality of the pacific-rim instruments, but as an old snob-rocker I'm set in my ways and prefer US made guitars and tube amps. Go play a bunch and you'll find the right Jackson for you.
            Ive had bolt ons that sustained longer than some of my neck through guitars. I tried to make a definitive assessment but couldnt get consistant results. Electric solidbodied guitars can defy logic.

Comment

I agree with Brownsound above. I have a bolt-on Custom Shop Jackson that has as much sustain in the bridge pup as my Jackson Warrior and significantly more sustain in the neck pup position.

All depends upon the guitar.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

For me the pros to a neckthrough are longer sustain while unplugged (a high-gain pickup can offset the difference), a deeper tone (while unplugged), and the fact that my left hand doesn't slam up against the neck joint at the upper frets.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  DK1 - Bolt-on, oiled neck, very thin neck profile (think Charvel pointyhead), H-H EMGs.
                  Unless you get a late '90s DK1... 22 frets, H/S/S Duncans.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

True 'dat, Toe. I just assumed he meant he was looking for somthing new.

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                      Neck-through guitars have a different deeper tone and longer sustain than traditional bolt-on guitars - try one out before you buy to make sure it's right for you.
                      Nope. No noticeable difference. It's purely psychological trickery.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Tryin to get a DK-2 on the bay... did i say i'd prefer a neckthrough axe?!?!?! ... changed my mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          and the fact that my left hand doesn't slam up against the neck joint at the upper frets.
                          I have found that to be painful when I switch between my Soloist to my Fender Strat.

Comment

I just got a DK1 after playing Soloists for a year, and I already love it. I would definitely give a bolt-on a try even if you think you're set on neck-through.
                            If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by AlTheHell View Post
                              Thanx so far folks!!! Dunno why... but its kinda "MUST" that it shows "Made in USA" beside the logo...
                              Originally posted by AlTheHell View Post
                              Tryin to get a DK-2 on the bay... did i say i'd prefer a neckthrough axe?!?!?! ... changed my mind....
                              The DK2 is Japanese made. Very high quality instrument.
                              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X