Dallas Guitar Show Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Guitar Show Pics

Went to the 30th annual show here in Dallas yesterday and took a few shots some of you might wanna see.
    Mostly classic Starts and Pauls as usual but Fuller's always has some cool Jacksons and this years was no different.

This Soloist was just gorgeous and the Star had a really cool finish that about knocks your eyes outta your head.
    The real show stoppers were the 3 limited edition (a 4th was still in transit) Koa topped custom of all customs. Triple binding on the neck, MOP sharktooth inlays with Abalone outlines surrounding them!!!............just wood inducing.

Also got to see 2 guitar greats.
    Johnny Hiland, this guy mixes country pickin, blues, rock, and a little shred to boot. His sound is very refreshing and after seeing him play, I've got to pick up his cd.

George Lynch, who we all know and love, I'm sad to say has just lost it for me.
    I've seen him several times in the last 15 years and he just doesn't have that spark he had in the 80's. He was very cool to all the fans though, and my son who's also a big fan, about crapped himself after meeting him and getting this photo taken.

Ed Roman was there, not sure if it was him himself but they did have a cool Roman Vinnie Vincent V that I wanted to steal.

Also found this very nice BC Rich, enjoy.
    Last edited by mrrs; 04-23-2007, 10:47 AM.
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Red ED?
    You would know if it were him - he looks like a white haired garden gnome.

PS- can't open the pics.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Thats him in the background of your pic.
      BTW, I've seen Johnny Hiland a couple times at Winter NAMM and he is fantastic! In fact I' might even have some live footage of him taken through a crappy digital camera from the last couple years. He needs a Jackson instead of a PRS though

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Cool pics. Which dealer had the Koas?

Comment

Looking at the labelling I'd say Fuller's, so with their pricing, I'm sure the Koa guitars will be going into the Mike Fuller Jackson museum / storage facility....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ah. Missed the partial card at the bottom. Strange they're not on their website.

Comment

WOW!!! Thanks for the pics! That 24 fret USA RR for me please

Comment

yeah I was there yesterday. George was very cool to all the fans. They advertised that George would be playing the show and then they throw him up there with a blues band (sorry I don't know who they were). ALL I WANTED WAS TO SEE GEORGE LYNCH PLAY "MR. SCARY" !!!!!!

Anyhow....George looked and felt out of place up there with a blues band made up of old guys (I shouldn't say that ....heck George is 53 years old!!!). But he had borrowed amps (not even sure that was HIS Esp....or just a signature). Anyhow...he played some kick ass stuff during "Red House" and "Sunshine of Your Love".

Anyway it was a good time and the The Pat Travers Band kicked butt as usual....thank you Pat! Pat gets better with age!

George Lynch

Pat Travers

Comment

George looks like he's on the "anger juice" again... I love GL's playing, tone, etc., but I gotta say, he's just never looked like he's really enjoying himself much...

Comment

Wow cool! Lynch is one monster of a player. It would be awesome to meet him.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Those shows in Dallas and Arlington make me wish that I still lived down there.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Cool pics, thanks. I love that koa RR, and I'm not usually a big fan of natural finishes. I just checked out a couple Hiland vids on youtube the other night, he's a great player! Actually, I happened to look up a few Lynch vids after that, funny they're both in this thread. I'm a big Lynch fan, and have been for many years, it's too bad to hear what people that have seen him live lately are saying.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Nice pictures...
                          But, I would like to see more Rhoads guitars
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

The Koa set of three were the highlight for me.
                            I did talk to one of the Fuller's guys about them and he was very friendly and proud of how they turned out. Can't say I blame him.

George has been to the last 4 years of the show and they always just throw him up there with "The Startoblasters". 02', I think it was, he did a set with locals playing his tunes and Lynch got off the plane, came straight in with no warm up time at all and it showed cause it was a terrible set and he admitted it afterwards.
                            I think at this point he has other passions in life other than guitar which is ok.
                            Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                            Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

That Koa is stunning.... Do you recall what it was going for?

Vass

Comment

Working...
                              X