Dallas Guitar Show.....handful of Jackson/Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Guitar Show.....handful of Jackson/Charvels

I spent the day at the Dallas Guitar show yesterday. Thousands of guitars with the majority being collectors. Gibson and Fender where there with new models as were PRS and some custom builders. Sad to say I saw maybe 6 Jacksons and they were in the corner still in the case. I heard a guy tell his girlfriend....."hey here are a bunch of cheap 80's guitars". Funny thing is the guy working the booth said....."yeah we still sell them but mostly to kids". These were USA Jacksons !!! I almost got into a little "discussion" but I bit my tongue and moved on.

I have seen the threads on this forum questioning Fender and why they don't promote Jackson etc etc....I never paid much attention but after walking that floor of thousands of guitars....it was blatant that Fender intentionally made Jackson a "harmless" competitor. Another comment I heard at another booth about a used Jackson was...."that guitar was worth more the day it was new than it ever will be again". While I am not a Jackson die hard....it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Anyhow.. I had a great time. Lots of music, lots of guitars......

Thats sad, makes me want to buy them more, cause I will be the only one playing them around here
    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Well, of course it's not going to be worth as much as when it was new. That guitar will be played, knocked around some, make music. Unlike the guitars that the assholes at the show are buying. It's really telling that a guy is walking around looking at guitars as investments rather than looking to see which of them play well.

Comment

This "kid" will take a USA Jackson over any vintage Fender or Gibson any day of the week......
        I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Originally posted by outsider666 View Post
          This "kid" will take a USA Jackson over any vintage Fender or Gibson any day of the week......
          well, that might be a really poor decision, b/c generally a vintage Fender or vintage Gibson could be sold for enough to buy 2-3 USA Jacksons.

just saying.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Fullers had Custom Jackson's and sold a fair number of them...
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
              Another comment I heard at another booth about a used Jackson was...."that guitar was worth more the day it was new than it ever will be again".
              Hmm.... sounds like this someone whose interest in guitars is purely profit motivated. I don't think that guiars are designed and built to be collector's items (Unless you're Gibson/Fender)...

-Kenn

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
                ....."hey here are a bunch of cheap 80's guitars". Funny thing is the guy working the booth said....."yeah we still sell them but mostly to kids". These were USA Jacksons !!! I almost got into a little "discussion" but I bit my tongue and moved on.

Personally, I hope they stay out of fashion and therefore cheap!!!!!

Comment

Do they ever have shows like that in Boston Ma?
                  85 Jackson 87 model1 87 model6

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                    Fullers had Custom Jackson's and sold a fair number of them...

They had a nice selection as well.

The natural set of guitars were amazing with the triple binding and "pinstriped" sharkfin inlays. Nice work!

I wanted to be one of the buyers this time around but it wasn't happening right now. Maybe at the custom shop clinic in June.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

There are some small shows dedicated to the used market, but nothing on the same scale as the Dallas show.

Originally posted by jonipop View Post
                      Do they ever have shows like that in Boston Ma?
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                      X