Kv2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kv2

i have recently started to really love the kv2 king V. I am seriously considering buying this, does anybody here have first hand experience with this guitar?

Information will be appreciated...

cheers

I just got mine a week ago and it rips. You won't be disappointed. Plays and sounds great!
    ----------
    Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

ive been pondering the idea of switching the seymours with an EMG 81/60 set once i buy the guitar...my friend got a DXMG and switched the pups to EMGs and he was very happy with it...Have you had any experience with that?

cheers

Comment

give the stock pick ups a chance, i bet you'll end up leaving them in there
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Of Repulsion View Post
          i have recently started to really love the kv2 king V. I am seriously considering buying this, does anybody here have first hand experience with this guitar?

Information will be appreciated...

cheers
          No, no one here has a KV2. You will have to keep searching the internet Just kidding of course. Welcome to the forum!

Cheers!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
            give the stock pick ups a chance, i bet you'll end up leaving them in there

+1 Check them out first!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Rip those SD pickups out and go for those EMGs...

I absolutely hate the stock SD's that Jackson uses...
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Of Repulsion View Post
                ive been pondering the idea of switching the seymours with an EMG 81/60 set once i buy the guitar...my friend got a DXMG and switched the pups to EMGs and he was very happy with it...Have you had any experience with that?

cheers
                The Kv2 comes with Duncan JB's right? I have an RR3 that has the Duncan Jazz in the neck, but I put in a Duncan Distortion in the bridge, and I also changed out the 500K volume pot with a 1 Meg pot and this thing really rips now. I was seriously considering the EMG switch too, but after I put in the 1 Meg pot, I decided to keep it this way.

To my ears, changing out the pot really changed the sound of the pickups. Really cheap to try that first!
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

where might one go about getting one of those 1 meg pots?
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I like the stock pickups that are in it, they get a different tone than anything else i've played and seem to cut through the mix real well. Even if you do swap the pickups, keep the neck one in there cause its killer sounding.
                    ----------
                    Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                      The Kv2 comes with Duncan JB's right?
                      Yep, according to Jackson's site, two JBs. It might be good for a neck pup, but a JB is lame as a bridge pup, especially in alder. One of the most overrated pups ever!

EMGs rock, and I'd put in an 85 in the bridge with either an 81 or 60 in the neck.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lead with the ear and the tone shall follow!
                        ----------

Comment

what do u guys think of a SD Screaming Demon on the neck of the Kv2?
                          "Live to Rock & Rock to Live."

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                            where might one go about getting one of those 1 meg pots?
                            I tried a 2 meg pot on one of my tone zones, its makes them a bit more aggressive

random comment
                            www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                            the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Working...
                            X