best heavy pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best heavy pickup

I'm going to go with the Dimebucker. That's not saying AT ALL that the x2n isn't killer, because that thing rocks also! I haven't had any experince with the invader, So, I'm not sure about those. Good luck!

Re: best heavy pickup

IMO the Invader is too muddy. I liked it at first but now I can't wait till I put a EMG 81 in place of it, like my other guitar. The more I played the two the more I came to like the 81 over the Invader. The invader feeds back faster and it has lots of low and mid range tone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

the dimebucker,very similar to a bill lawrence which also kill
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I would love to hear some comments on the SH-13 Dimebucker from players with experience using it.

I used the Invader extensively back in the days. Very powerfull with razorsharp attack and good definition in the lower registers. Not muddy. BIG percussive growl. I only used it on a couple of amp setups (Marshall valve) through the years, so i might have been lucky. My guess is that it's more or less useless in everything else than heavy metal.

Ha ha, just read Daves input. Invader is muddy. See, that's why i mentioned the amp setup. You really can't talk pickups without talking amp setups at the same time.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

my friend has a dimebucker in his les paul and it sounds pretty tight in there, very aggressive, i havent tried the other two though, that's why im asking.

im considering ordering a dimebucker in the near future when i have some cash. i have an sh-4 in the bridge of my jackson now and i considered swapping it out for the sh-6 in my ibanez but ill probably just hold out till i get the dimebucker, dimebucker is also a ****in mean lookin humbucker

Comment

I'd go with the X2N. It cuts through the mix better then the other two, sounds amazing and looks the best.

Comment

The X2N rules!!

The Invader is actually very good, too, but it's like the tonal opposite of the X2N. The X2N has more treble and high mids, the Invader has more bass and low mids.

I've not played the Dimebucker, but most of the reviews I've seen and heard from people that played one said they're kinda crappy.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The X2N is a very good pickup but the magnetic pull is so strong it'll blow speaker in combo amps or any free air moving cabs . I'ld go EMG81 try it with a pa2 or any other tone module to tailor your sound.

Comment

Seymour Duncan Distortion Parallel Axis Trembucker - PERIOD !!!!!!

'NUFF SAID !!!!

Comment

I second the Duncan Distortion motion. If you're looking for bulldozer lows, this is the place.

Comment

best heavy pickup

whats the best passive heavy metal pickup out of these(other suggestions welcome too)
                      invader
                      dimebucker
                      dimarzio x2n

Comment

I personally will third the Duncan Distortion. Best heavy pup I have ever used.

Comment

Now WAIT, guys...I said the Seymour Duncan PA-TB2...The Distortion Parallal Axis Trembucker...NOT the SH-6 Distortion...The PATB has a DC resistance of 21.3k, where the regular Distortion is a mere 16.6k...

While BOTH have ceramic magnets, the PATB STOMPS the SH-6 D!CK in the DIRT !!!!!!

Comment

But the PA is designed for Trems - won't that kinda screw stuff up if you put it on a non-trem?

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

BL L500XL

(I got a brand new one if you want 1)

R
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X