Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All you Randy Rhoads players, tell me this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All you Randy Rhoads players, tell me this..

Yo, my name is Dave, and i'm new to this forum I currently own a Ibanez RG 550 in Desert Yellow finish with Line 6 II Spider 30 Watt. Just yesterday, I was looking through many guitars and I found a Jackson RR3 and Jackson DK2M. Sadly, the guitar store didn't have them in stock so i couldn't play them. I never tried a V guitar before, and some say that the V shape is really comfortable. How? O and also, pick either RR3 or DK2M for me

I can't speak for the RR3, but I have the white DK2M and it plays sweet. I am very happy with it. I can't speak for the V, but I'd really try them out before shelling out the cash.
    DK2M
    Fender Strat (Made in USA)
    Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top

Comment

Aren't these gorgeous?

Comment

Comment

I don't have a DK2M, but I do have other Jackson Dinky style guitars and I think they are comfortable to play. I also have an RR3, and at first, after I got it, I wasn't sure if I did the right thing. Was I going to like it? Was it a waste of money for me? Well after having this thing for a little while, all I can say is that I am VERY HAPPY I got it. It's not the most comfortable to play sitting. I found the best way is to always wear a strap with it so it doesn't slide down my leg. But it just feels right while playing it. It's hard to describe but it seems to get my "playing juices" flowing. I don't regret getting it for a minute. Also it sounds amazing too! Hope this helps!

Go for the RR3!
          Guitars:
          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
          1988 Model 2,
          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
          RR3
          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

RR3 fo sho! Then we will both be RR owners as I am getting an RR24 this summer.
            My Main Rig:
            '87 Charvel Model 4A
            Peavey KB100 amp
            Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
            '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
            '05 Ibanez RG320FM
            '86 Ovation Pinnacle
            '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
            '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I have 4 RR models. They are very comfortable and easy to play.

Comment

Obviously the best thing is to try one, but I find RR's really comfortable. They also play nice in a sitting position, as you can wedge the 'shorter' wing between your legs...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I find the RR to be comfy sitting or standing more than a King V or Gibson V.
                  The dinky for me is the best for both sitting and standing.Both are killer looking and of very high quality.Seeing how you already have a stratish type guitar (RG 550 which I love the color you have) go for the RR.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

hmm.. I'm gonna go to Guitar Center rite now and see if they have them in stock IF they still don't, o wat the hell. I'll just play some cool metal riffs on a Gibson Flying V

Comment

dam it! They don't have them in stock Probably tommorow..

Comment

C'mon, keep the posts coming :ROTF: I'm bored

Comment

Welcome to the forum first off. I use a strap on all my guitars regardless of standing or sitting. Yes, by all means play them yourself. I really like the RR when seated. I've been playing for a little over 42 years now and I just discovered how comfortable the RR was. Silly me I wasted all that time.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Will the new trem stay in tune????

Can I slap a original FR in the RR3 without routing?

Comment

Coincidence?...
                              My name is Dave and I own a RR3...
                              And I must say the guitar stays in tuning perfect(and I love to jerk with the floyd rose bar all day long)

Why do you want to swap the FR on the JT580LP ?...
                              Get the guitar and you will see, no problems at all with the tuning stability...
                              I wanted to swap it to but, I don`t need it, cause it stays perfect in tune...

Cheers
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                              X