Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All you Randy Rhoads players, tell me this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah! So it's not even strapped on? That seems like it would make it a bit easier to do while seated, then....

Comment

Originally posted by jjanggibson View Post
      when you guys tried the RR in guitar center or sam ash, did u try with a strap? Do they even let you?
      When I tried the RR3 at GC, I didn't use a strap. I can tell right off if a guitar will work for me. Once I got my RR1, I played with the strap length for the right position. Leo Chang describes the position perfectly. I had never played a V shape before, so this was enlightening! The RR1 is my favorite to sit and noodle around on. Standing for me is a little different. The guitar bottom want to tilt inward. My big gut doesn't help But, if I use the Jake E. Lee pose, with my right leg out to support the bottom point, it's perfect. Plus, I look cool then!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
        Plus, I look cool then!
        And that is what it`s all about
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

i own both and the rhoads isnt hard to play sitting down at all. just put the small horn between your legs. it also depends on if you want something with 22 or 24 frets. you cant really go wrong with either
          dk-1 pile of skulls
          dk-2m white
          dkmg- black forest
          rr-1 black w/gold pins
          charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
          p.o.s. randall halfstack
          peavey 5150

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
            I love my RR1, but it took me literally a year to get used to how it plays.

RRs definitely "hangs" differently on the body than do standard Soloist / Dinky type guitars.
            How different is the playing of a RR1 then from a KV2? I have it for about 2 weeks now and i got used to playing it in about a day
            Before my KV2 i had a normal strat guitar (a Cort), and i never played anything else but a normal shaped guitar.
            I find it kinda hard to believe it took 1 year (!) to get used to?

Comment

Working...
            X