Nut Radius - DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut Radius - DK2

Can someone tell me the radius of the lock nut on the DK2? I desperatly need to get a hold of one, and i've had a terribly hard time getting one from a guitar store (cause they're moron!).

Re: Nut Radius - DK2

1 11/16th

Comment

I just finished exchanging the stock Floyd reproduction with an OFR. The nut is thicker than the licensed copy therefore the action is terribly high at the first fret. I'm not sure what to do next.

Comment

1 11/16th is the nut width, not the radius.

Fender stocks a bunch of 1 11/16th size nuts, but the radius is what determines the size. I might know what one i need, but i'm not positive.

Comment

The radius should be close enough for any Schaller or OFR 1 11/16" wide nut, unless you buy it from Fender, in which case it's probably set up for Fender's ridiculously round neck.
          Get an OFR nut from Carvin or a Schaller from Stewmac.com.

The Carvin nut is higher than the Jackson nut (as Zamiale's is) so you'd need the nut platform cut down to compensate.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X