King V questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V questions?

I have one of the Jenna King Vs, and I'm planning to buy a USA King V soon- I wanted to ask about the necks on these two- How similar are they? Is the Jenna considered a 'Speed' neck or something else? I haven't seen any King Vs around here to check out in person before I buy....not even at DCGL.

Anyone?

Comment

I don't think there are many people who own the Jenna guitar here. Should be similar though, but they're both hand finished necks, so they vary from guitar to guitar.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't know if this helps, but I have a KVX10 which I believe is what the Jenna is, minus the graphic and inlays. That neck is super thin and flat. So if anyone knows how the other King V's necks compare to the KVX10 I'd also be interested. karl

Comment

Originally posted by memphiskat View Post
          I don't know if this helps, but I have a KVX10 which I believe is what the Jenna is, minus the graphic and inlays. That neck is super thin and flat. So if anyone knows how the other King V's necks compare to the KVX10 I'd also be interested. karl
          As far as I know, at least all USA KV's are with Jackson speedneck...only the "budget" models have super thin neck profile.

Comment

Ben-D: As far as I know, at least all USA KV's are with Jackson speedneck...only the "budget" models have super thin neck profile.

It seems to play a lot like my others, so I'm thinking it's not the speed neck maybe-

Comment

USA King V neck specs (measured off my KV-2):

Width at nut: 1.710"
              Width at 12th fret: 2.050"
              Width at 24th fret: 2.260"
              Thickness at 1st fret: .765"
              Thickness at 12th fret: .850"

Frets are .055" tall and .075" wide.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

55 tall and 75 wide? what size is that???

Comment

Yeah, it's some weird tall/thin variant. Definitely not the standard jumbo as listed in the specs on the website.
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

The frets on the King V are medium jumbo, not regular jumbo as stated. Dave Mustaine liked the skinnier frets on his guitars, so his signature models got them, then they just carried them over to the standard King V line (I'm not sure about the imports, though).
                    Jackson needs to get someone that's got a clue to fix the specs on their website. The Mark Morton specs also state jumbo frets, but I own one, and they're definitely medium.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      The frets on the King V are medium jumbo, not regular jumbo as stated. Dave Mustaine liked the skinnier frets on his guitars, so his signature models got them, then they just carried them over to the standard King V line (I'm not sure about the imports, though).
                      Jackson needs to get someone that's got a clue to fix the specs on their website. The Mark Morton specs also state jumbo frets, but I own one, and they're definitely medium.
                      but that would cost jackson money,
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                      X