Sully - Question 'bout da swag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sully - Question 'bout da swag

Actually, Dross got banned for some reason, then it's believed he came back under the name Myorangecat. Someone started saying he "sounded" like Dross, and he went ape denying it; "I'm not Dross!". Pretty soon Nor's sig was "Nor/not Dross" and the phrase became a local legend.

I see the GearWh0re thing too. Spelling it with the 0 circumvents the pottymouth detector, and though Newc's definition is the older one, most of us would still probably take any gear offered to us for free. If you'll take it anytime you can get it, from anywhere, you qualify.

Besides, these days Wh0res get more respect than Junkies!

[ April 06, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Re: Sully - Question \'bout da swag

Yeah, but wh0res aren't loyal - junies are loyal - only one "drug" can fix a junkie, but for a wh0re, anycock'll-doo! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
      Actually, Dross got banned for some reason, then it's believed he came back under the name Myorangecat. Someone started saying he "sounded" like Dross, and he went ape denying it; "I'm not Dross!". Pretty soon Nor's sig was "Nor/not Dross" and the phrase became a local legend.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually for the record he came out and said he was the roomate of DROSS and then when he couldn't win at that he admitted that he was DROSS and even threatened me with legal action ... He's nothing but scum in my eyes and I'd love to meet with him someday ...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

well, the gear wh0re just popped into my head, so i put it on there.... seemed like a good idea; no real reason behind it. and with all the gear we get and flip, it seems kinda apropo....no?

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Makes sense. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

But some bad ass window decals.......now that would be tasty.....
            The Buzzard does not fear
            The man in riot gear
            Harvest a skull of stone
            The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lerxstcat:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually for the record he came out and said he was the roomate of DROSS and then when he couldn't win at that he admitted that he was DROSS and even threatened me with legal action ... He's nothing but scum in my eyes and I'd love to meet with him someday ...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Legal action, eh? The boy's disturbed,
              alright, but threatening that... I don't
              see how he could, but if he did he'd be getting random deliveries of boxes full of cockroaches for the rest of his life!
              That'd be Hell on Earth for him! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sully - Question \'bout da swag

I know it's a few days late to bring this up, but why "Gear Wh0re"? Isn't a Gear Wh0re someone who plays anything for the right price (like Paul Stanley going to Silvertone after years of Ibanez and Washburn deals)? Shouldn't ours say "Gear Junkie"?

Newc

Comment

Sully, while your answering his question, what does "I'm not Dross" mean? (please forgive me if it is a stupid question [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

[ April 06, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dross was a loser that used to come here. Whenever someone's acting like Dross, they are accused of being Dross. Hence, "I'm not Dross" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Well he called me a coke head and my reply was go buy another rock and he threatened to sue me for that because when I go thru bannings all emails are CC'ed to Sully ..

I guess the truth hurts ... must have struck a nerve
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KMaynard:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually for the record he came out and said he was the roomate of DROSS and then when he couldn't win at that he admitted that he was DROSS and even threatened me with legal action ... He's nothing but scum in my eyes and I'd love to meet with him someday ...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Legal action, eh? The boy's disturbed,
                        alright, but threatening that... I don't
                        see how he could, but if he did he'd be getting random deliveries of boxes full of cockroaches for the rest of his life!
                        That'd be Hell on Earth for him! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But we can handle legal action. It's when he threatens to take his story to 60 Minutes that we start to worry [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Ahhhhh....now I understand! I looked up the meaning and found it very interesting now that I hear your story of "DROSS". Check it out:

Definition for dross:

dross (noun) -
                          1. worthless material that should be removed
                          "there were impurities in the water"
                          Synonyms: impurity

2. the scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals
                          Synonyms: slag, scoria

Is that perfect or what?!?!?!?
                          Now I can buy 1 of those shirts because....(all together now..)
                          "I'm not DROSS!"
                          [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                          X