New Forum Idea - "Dear Jackson / Charvel"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Idea - "Dear Jackson / Charvel"

Hey guys, Pete's question about the old "ask Jackson" forum got me wondering if any other options were ever considered to replace it?

For instance, maybe we could do a "Dear Jackson/Charvel" forum? Kind of like "Dear Abby", but the old bag never bothers to answer your letters. i.e, An area for member to post new product ideas, suggest improvements for existing products (ex. locking tuners for all ST guitars, already!), and feedback on their J/C gear purchases.

Even if J/C officials won't interact with the members, at least it would provide a "focal point" forum for JCF'rs to address their wants/needs/praises/gripes. And, by being concentrated in one area, we could have a reasonable chance that the J/C guys would actually read it in their current lurking modes, without chancing them having to wade through multiple forums & posts to get to something they might actually want to read. (And we want them to hear.)

Hopefully, if we could keep it reasonably civil, it wouldn't become a total bitch 'fest.

Just throwing the idea out there. Admins, members...Whatchya think?

I`m for it...bring it on! ..:
    Great Idea
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

its a good idea, but I dont think everyone should be let loose to post their thoughts/rants about the products especially if the Jackson folk are gonna be reading them. I say, we appoint a person or persons who keep track of all issues that have already been posted and post new issues only and hence keep it clean and informative.
      Last edited by emperor_black; 05-10-2007, 11:20 AM.
      Sam

Comment

Without Jackson's confirmed presence, this new forum would fade pretty quickly IMO.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I agree all answers should be plagarised and modified from Paul Stanley interviews. This is what Paul had to say about Jackson:

I have always believed and proven to be right, that Jackson was the first and foremost a killer rock 'n roll axe, and everything else is the extra stuff that makes them even bigger. Had it been the case that the Jacksons and the money and all those things which were very important to us rockers we look back on Jacksons with a lot of respect, had those Jacksons been all we were, obviously when we took the Jacksons off, the band would have ended if Wasburn and Silvertone weren't lining our pockets. Time tells all. Time is the equalizer. Whether it's 5 or 10 years later, you have to look and see who's still around and who isn't. Whatever somebody's opinion is, it proves to be right or wrong in time. When the indifferent guys at the Jackson factory finally give way to new, more conscientious craftsmen time will tell. I always go back to my favorite lover. Fortunately, Shaun Delaney keeps a couple of my old Jacksons at his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Stanley View Post
            "Had it been the case that the Jacksons and the money and all those things which were very important to us rockers we look back on Jacksons with a lot of respect, had those Jacksons been all we were, obviously when we took the Jacksons off, the band would have ended if Wasburn and Silvertone weren't lining our pockets."
            this sentence makes zero sense.

can someone clue me in here, what was the deal with pulling the Ask Jackson section? was it just them not wanting to hear honest feedback? like a monkey covering it's ears and yelling la-la-la-la-la-la to drown out criticism?

and did John leave JCMI or what's up with that?
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

ok I saw the answer to my part of query in the other thread.

weak on JCMI's part. very very weak.

so where did JW go and who is McD?

any more clues what's going on at JCMI, what they are thinking?

Comment

Pat: I like the idea. On my FDP page guys from Fender read them and respond,we ask questions.Granted they are members and reply.However I think that J/C employee's and builders probably are in here reading.So I think its a good idea.Look at the Duncan site, where the readers were able to get them to build the TB-14 (custom 5) HB.
                Whenever you can hear from the customer directly is a good thing,new idea's are nice to hear.
                I know that Chevrolet had lots of feedback on the cheesy shifters on the C5 Corvette forums, thus the C6's have way better shifters in them. Hey its worth a try.
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  ok I saw the answer to my part of query in the other thread.

weak on JCMI's part. very very weak.

so where did JW go and who is McD?

any more clues what's going on at JCMI, what they are thinking?
                  Their representatives were getting shit on left and right by members here and decided not to take it any more. I don't blame them.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Actually it was just from the left
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                      Their representatives were getting shit on left and right by members here and decided not to take it any more. I don't blame them.
                      hmm. I must have missed that.

is "shit on" just a colorful term for getting complaints about poor quality on $3000 guitars and various customer-is-never-right build strategies?

or was it just abuse by a few dickheads?

Comment

hmm. I must have missed that.

is "shit on" just a colorful term for getting complaints about poor quality on $3000 guitars and various customer-is-never-right build strategies?

or was it just abuse by a few dickheads?
                        From the short time I was here, it was pretty much a combination of both, with a lot of the latter. Plus wasn't it the guy who did it got promoted and the new guy didn't want to deal with us or something

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          wasn't it the guy who did it got promoted and the new guy didn't want to deal with us or something
                          that's what I thought was the real issue.

new guy took over who did not care as much about customers and thus was not willing to listen to customers or interact with them to better support his company.

well, that kind of seems to match the trend with the company lately.

Comment

This is a great idea. I say go for it.
                            My Main Rig:
                            '87 Charvel Model 4A
                            Peavey KB100 amp
                            Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                            '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                            '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                            '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                            '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                            '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

new guy took over who did not care as much about customers and thus was not willing to listen to customers or interact with them to better support his company.
                              You're talking out your @ss, dude. First off, he's not a "new guy". Been with the company for a long time, including when FMIC first took over J/C. Second of all, he's been very helpful and willing to listen to many customers, self included.

It's this exact kind of BS - statements often full of nonsense assumptions, BS rumors, and sometimes even totally made up - that led to the "ask Jackson" section being pulled. Your statements make it obvious that you don't know the first thing about the guy, and yet you're perfectly willing to talk s**t about him like it's fact. WTF.

Comment

Working...
                              X