Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has There Been a "Production Stoppage" at the Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has There Been a "Production Stoppage" at the Custom Shop?

Is it just me, or does it seem like there have been very little guitars showing up at dealers since Winter NAMM happened? I'm wondering if the custom shop did some kind of production stoppage after then. Or maybe it's more like a production "slow down", rather than stoppage.

It just seems like I haven't seen very much new product coming through to dealers at all. Almost seems like they might've finished up a few half-done guitars that were still in-process at the time NAMM, but haven't started much new stuff since then.

I don't want to start some BS rumor - I could be totally wrong about this. But that's the perception I've gotten the past few months.

And, before some dolt comes into this thread proclaiming this is a result of the recent price increases, get a clue. Production lags order-taking by several months to more than a year, so production now would be talking about guitars ordered around 6-18 months ago. i.e., Well before the price increases took effect.

Perhaps dealers are less willing to take custom orders for stock cos they don't sell, so the CS are concentrating on actual customer orders which would lead to fewer new pics on store websites?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

could be it could also be a supply and demand issue ..if you limit the market you can substantiate the price.. Harley did it for years
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah, could be. And I don't mean just customs. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like only a trickle of USA Selects, too.

Comment

I haven't seen any new J/C guitars around here. Then again, I've only seen one USA Jackson for sale in Raleigh in 3 years.

None of the usual web sites have any new J/C guitars that I can tell.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

maybe they are hard at work on the new EVH models for summer NAMM?

Comment

Interesting, guitars so exclusive they don't build them.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Must depend on the area. There is never any shortage of USA models in the shops in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
                    Well you know, I wouldn't want one if they'd sell it to someone like me.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Two words......... summer NAMM. Well, actually one word and an acronym.
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

thier production time is way down tho...

My guess is that the new prices, have slowed new orders so they are getting caught up
                        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Maybe they're building my signature model for NAMM...

Yep, that must be it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
                            thier production time is way down tho...

My guess is that the new prices, have slowed new orders so they are getting caught up
                            Now, there's an optimist.:ROTF: Or maybe, they raised their prices higher than their waders.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Well, NAMM production time is a bitch, but what would they be doing new at NAMM? Ten, fifteen guitars max? I would think that if anything were slowing them down it would be the Frankenstein replica. At $25K a pop, I'd put all my effort into that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X