Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has There Been a "Production Stoppage" at the Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmmsjm View Post
    Well, NAMM production time is a bitch, but what would they be doing new at NAMM? Ten, fifteen guitars max? I would think that if anything were slowing them down it would be the Frankenstein replica. At $25K a pop, I'd put all my effort into that too.
    I think Fender is building the EVH Replica, not Charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      I think Fender is building the EVH Replica, not Charvel.
      Probably in Mexico to boot.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

thier production time is way down tho...
        My ass. Unless you don't factor the actual shipping of the completed guitar to the customer.

Also if the reason they didn't ship my guitar is because they are gonna display it for Summer NAMM I want a goddamn discount. From what I understand its happened a few times before....

Comment

I don't know if it's true or not but I heard Jackson was bought by Fender. So my guess is, most of the US guitars coming out of Fender/Jackson factory are Fenders instead of Jacksons just because there's way more demand for Fenders than Jacksons.

Comment

It might be that they have throttled back some to reorganize. It sounds like they have had some management changes and other organizational stuff going on lately.

I don't think that the price increases would impact orders this early. That hit will probably come late this year early next year.

As someone else pointed out, it might also be that dealers are not ordering much right now. I see a lot of stock listed on the usual web sites that does not seem to be moving anywhere fast.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and none of these things could be the cause.
            Jackson: DK1
            Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

Originally posted by Sonomakeys View Post
              I don't know if it's true or not but I heard Jackson was bought by Fender. So my guess is, most of the US guitars coming out of Fender/Jackson factory are Fenders instead of Jacksons just because there's way more demand for Fenders than Jacksons.
              Fender bought Jackson? When did that happen?!
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Well, they started using Fender necks on 'dem 'thar Charvelies, so it must be true.

Comment

No shit... really?!?
                  -Rick

Comment

FMIC has owned JCMI for a little while now, and as for where production is, the USAs are all still made in San Dimas. Though maybe if they were made at Fender Custom, it may not be a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                      FMIC has owned JCMI for a little while now, and as for where production is, the USAs are all still made in San Dimas. Though maybe if they were made at Fender Custom, it may not be a bad thing
                      No.. they are all made in Corona (Fender production facility) now. The USA Selects and the Customs.
                      They haven't been made in San Dimas (Glendora) since 86/87.
                      They moved from the Ontario facility a year or so ago.
                      -Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X