free crap from the jcf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: free crap from the jcf

the problem with a game like that is cheating. People are going to cheat.

I would.

Comment

Another suggestion:

Have a quiz along the lines of guessing which unique Jackson/Charvel graphic belonged to which artist's Jackson/Charvel guitar. For example, you'd have a very small little avatar-sized square JPG of the "Instant Sex" graphic, and you'd have to guess the correct guitarist from the list of guitarists. Or, you could have it the other way around; Put the name of a Jackson/Charvel guitarist, and match him up with the correct avatar-sized square of his Jackson/Charvel guitar's graphic.

The reason for the avatar-sized little squares is so that the contestant would have to identify the graphic and the guitarist, NOT relying on the shape of the guitar body to help him out.

Or, you could have a multiple choice quiz based on the JCF. It would have questions like:

-On what day was the new JCF (this one) created/opened for the public?
      -When was the first JCF created?
      -Who had the most amount of posts at this particular date?
      -Who created the topic, "[insert topic name here]"?
      -Who were the moderators at this particular date?
      -What is [insert JCF member's username here] real name?
      -What was Dross deathly afraid of? (You knew THAT one was coming!)
      -How did UPS LinaV get his/her name (ie: what does it mean)?
      -Who is the youngest/oldest member of the old/new JCF?
      -Who is the tallest/shortest member...?

Of course, I'd lose any J/C related quiz like this. But, you wanted suggestions, so here it is!

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
        the problem with a game like that is cheating.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Call it research. I don't think we can come up with any contest here, where you can't cheat / make research.

Describe a contest we can run online where you can't "cheat". I've tried for several minutes now - i'm blank.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
          Yeah ..We want away from lets draw the name from the hat ... riffin is a cool idea but it kinda limits the contests towards more experienced players ... any other ideas?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And players who have the equipment to record.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

What about that design your own model thing we did.. that was pretty cool and everybody has a drawing program on their computer..

Comment

We could always "borrow" "Rock&Roll Jeapordy" from VH1 online and pit people up against each other.-Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

How about these:

A photoshop guitar design contest...(this may even come in handy for those new Sully brand guitars...) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jackson Endorsee trivia....(most of us know the guitars....but how about the guitarists)

Most embarrasing live playing moment.....(finalists chosen by the admins and the winner to be voted on in the polling section)

A Kevin Easton look alike contest.......

Ugliest guitar contest......

Worst shredder contest ( I could win this one hands down!!!! )

Best Strongbad Impression......

the "*****SLAP ED ROMAN" contest (this one could be fun!)

And most importantly the "CREATE A JCF CONTEST CONTEST" Where if your contest gets used you win JCF SWAG......I wear XL t-shirts Sully! LOL J/K
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I like the RnR Jeopardy idea!

Comment

NOTP said:
                    Have a quiz along the lines of guessing which unique Jackson/Charvel graphic belonged to which artist's Jackson/Charvel guitar.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool idea! Pics of famous and not-so-famous artist J/Cs, and guess who they were from their axe. Don't limit it to just graphics, though. There were plenty of non-graphic guitars that are still associated the artist. i.e., Holdsworth Charvels, "Big Red", Jeff Beck's soloist, etc.

R&R Jeopardy sounds cool, too. Might be a pain to figure out a way to do it, though.

Comment

I'm all out of contest ideas at the moment, but to follow up on what The Drip said for prizes... all I ask for is a lifetime supply of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i like the jackson artists trivia idea. questions like what model was vivian camble using on the holy diver tour. and stuff like that. what year did dave mustain become a jackson endorsed artist. just any questions related to jacksons and their artists. the "whose signiture guitar is this" pic: is a good one. or you could have a connect the artist with there guitar thing. where you have some pictures of different artists and across the way have pics of different jacksons/charvels, and you have to submit which artist goes with which guitar.
                        just some thoughts
                        ~JW
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Wow, I'm getting a pretty nice response so far from my graphic-to-guitarist idea!

*Ego boosts a little bit* [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Without putting too much work load on to the admins I think we should reinvest the "profit" into the board.

Maybe we should get volunteer members to help add to the site. How about a really good updated queen mother of all facts page...

Everything you always wanted to know about Kahler trems, floyd rose, neck radius etc.
                            Easy to search, broken down into headings, yadda yadda....

We can buy a few more meg and let it rip. Any volunteers?

Anything left over stays as reserve funds for when needed....just a thought...

If that is too serious and boring than how about "JCFSstock" 3 days of drugs alchohol and music at one of the admins homes....

Kevin
                            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas:
                              Without putting too much work load on to the admins I think we should reinvest the "profit" into the board.

Maybe we should get volunteer members to help add to the site. How about a really good updated queen mother of all facts page...

Everything you always wanted to know about Kahler trems, floyd rose, neck radius etc.
                              Easy to search, broken down into headings, yadda yadda....

We can buy a few more meg and let it rip. Any volunteers?

Anything left over stays as reserve funds for when needed....just a thought...

If that is too serious and boring than how about "JCFSstock" 3 days of drugs alchohol and music at one of the admins homes....

Kevin
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">some of these things are items we're talking about...stuff like chuck's "how to block a floyd" thread, etc. we're hoping to turn it into more of a full-on website than just a board. to touch on your reinvestment idea, 100% of monies earned by the jcf ( be it dealer ads, or swag sales) goes straight into running this place and making it better so that we'll be able to do things like giveaways, etc. i know it's super slow going, but thanks for hangin in there. we want to know what you guys want, and we hope to be able to make more strides in delivering.

good call on jcfstock: i say we all show up at greg's and take turns drivin his lingenfelder (stinkyfinger) corvettes and playin his bullseye prepro! good times!

sully

[ April 07, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

-Funniest joke/anecdote?

-I like the name-that-tune/solo idea where u play a tiny bit of a song and have to guess what it is..

-Also along those lines, you could have a picture of a guitar player, guitar, album cover, etc.. and just blur it out or zoom in a lot to make it challenging..

Comment

Working...
                                X