Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: free crap from the jcf

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
    [QB]whatever contest, I would like the decision to be made in the poll here in the forum and not by the administrators. That would make the contest really democratic.
    QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah, but we've never said we were a democracy. there's some pretty good ideas here, though....!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
      some of these things are items we're talking about...stuff like chuck's "how to block a floyd" thread, etc. we're hoping to turn it into more of a full-on website than just a board.

sully
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES! This place is in DESPERATE need of a F.A.Q. section. I just got a new guitar that needed some serious Fret shining and it took me FOREVER to find a post regarding it! hahahah

Comment

make sure there's some for us bass players(stop booing and hissing now!) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

How about a contest where you put a line of tab up and then we have to guss the song. It gets everyone playing and it could get pretty hard.

Like this for example:

|-----------------------------------
          |-3h4p3---3-------------------------
          |-------5---5p3-5-3\2---------------
          |---------------------5-3-5p3-2-----
          |-------------------------------5---

Thats the fill for before the solo for mr. crowley
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I don't know about you, but I add a low C at the end of the lick before moving into the C5 chord...

|-3h4p3---3-------------------------
            |-------5---5p3-5-3\2---------------
            |---------------------5-3-5p3-2-----
            |-------------------------------5-3-

It's not that audible, but I think it's there. It's probably the fastest lick I've ever had to play so far... I'm finally learning some Rhoads, guys! I'm so enthused about it because I didn't think I could play this fast (and cleanly!!) until my guitar teacher assigned me Mr. Crowley. (As some of you know, my soloing skills just aren't up to par for someone who's been playing for over two years.)

Comment

that's actually my favorite fill in that song... i don't add a c to it, tho....it flows right into the chord if you time it correctly.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
                whatever contest, I would like the decision to be made in the poll here in the forum and not by the administrators. That would make the contest really democratic.

My suggestion is:

Have everyone design the custom jackson of their dreams and submit drawings, which will be posted in a gallery. People will see the designs in the gallery and then vote for their favorite. The winner gets the bill paid to have the guitar made by the custom shop for him.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummm ..yeah ..Have you checked the price of custom shop orders?.. It would probably take 2 years of selling swag before we could afford that ..
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I like Drsracing's idea, but I think it should be done with Strongbad Tab(tm) [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X