Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DKMG vs ESP LTD MH-400 !!!!!!

Hey guys i am a new member on JCF Online forums ,
    I'm probably going to be buying a new guitar .
    I've narrowed it down to two:

ESP MH-400
    Emg 81 and 85
    Mahogany Body with Quilted Maple Top
    Natural Body Binding
    White Neck and Headstock Binding
    Licensed Floyd, albeit a good one, I hear.
    Neck-thru.

Jackson DKMG Dinky
    Emg 81 and 85
    Alder body with an optional (more $$) flamed maple top
    White neck and headstock binding
    Licensed Floyd, also a good one, i hear.
    Bolt-on.

but the problem comes ,

I have read some bad Reviews on JCF website about Jackson DKMG with JT580 LP Locking Bridge system , many owners having Problem with it ,
    so i would like your reviews on Jackson DKMG and the ESP LTD ..

I know that the ESP was made in Korea and the Jackson is made in Japan, if that makes a difference.
    In God we Trust, All others must pay cash :ROTF:

I'd say go with the Jackson. But of course, this forum is going to be biased. Go ask tat on the ESP forum. You'll get mostly votes for the LTD over there. Both are great guitars, but I say go for the original, not the knock off.
    My Main Rig:
    '87 Charvel Model 4A
    Peavey KB100 amp
    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

check them both out and see for yourself.

Comment

i cannot check them , i am going to buy it through a website ..
        Jackson and LTD are rare in my city

i am depending on good reviews by Jackson Owners ..
        waiting for your Review guys !!

Comment

I've played both and it all comes down to trying the guitar before you buy. LTDs are known to be hit or miss, you might get one that sucks or you might get one that plays infinitely better than the Jackson. It also depends on which neck joint you prefer. Both neck thru and bolt on have pros and cons, personally I liked the LTD, the neck thru just felt smoother and way easier to play on the higher frets. However I haven't played the new DKMG, the one with the real EMGs.

Comment

i have been playing Bolt-on , on my ibanez , fender and my LP ..
            and LTD Mh-400 is a Set-thru , the neck is set in ..

~BUMP need more reviews !!

Comment

Originally posted by metalcore View Post
              i have been playing Bolt-on , on my ibanez , fender and my LP ..
              and LTD Mh-400 is a Set-thru , the neck is set in ..

Um....Huh?

Do you mean Set neck or Neck through? Two totally different things bro...
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I've always gone Jackson because of the build quality, and naturally I will go for a bolt-on neck. If you happen to smack your neck or headstock on the ESP, it's a write-off. The DKMG's neck can be replaced. Tone-wise, I don't know. I used to be a die-hard BC Rich player, but every guitar sounded crap (spent shitloads on fx) and suffered neckdive. It was a longwinded expensive mistake for me to learn, before I switched to Jackson. The only ESP's I could find were stupidly expensive to such the extent that no shop keeper would ever let me touch one.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
                  Um....Huh?

Do you mean Set neck or Neck through? Two totally different things bro...
                  Hey Superfly, set-thru is one of the new fangled hybrids of of bolt-on, set-neck and neck-thru:

Sorry metalcore, I haven't played either of the guitars you're interested in, but welcome to the board!

Comment

Then its either the Jackson DKMG or WRMG

what you guys think i should go for ?? DKMG OR WRMG
                    cause i really dig the WRMG look , is it comfortable ??

i had played a Jackson JS10 and KV , but never tried MG series cause i cannot find in any shop ..
                    =============
                    Personally i am not not into ESP's ,
                    i already had made my mind on DKMG / WRMG , but as i have gone through JCF forums
                    i found out people saying a flaw in JT580 LP Floyd rose ..

i once played a used Jackson 2004 model DKMG with O.F.R , the action was DEAD low , i really liked the Compound radius Fret board ..

but i really dunt know how 2006 model's are ?
                    and the problem about JT580LP Floyd rose system !!!
                    i need you guys to feed me about it ..
                    - Confused

Comment

by the way Jackson USA Series are also Bolt-on ??

Comment

The USA Dinkys are bolt-on, but the rest are neck-thru. Some of the high-end Japanese-made Jacksons are also neck-thru. Why not check the specs at the website?

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

A while ago they changed the way the site's organised, which obfusticates where the gear is made, but anything with "Select Series" is made in the USA. The JS guitars are made in India. Phil Collen's sig. is made in the US. The rest of the sig. series (Morton, Bond and Wolbers) is made in Japan, as are all other guitars (unless I've missed something).
                        Last edited by ken; 05-15-2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

there is a Bolt-on DK1 made in US. The SL's are neck-thru's.

I have played a DKMGT (hardtail) and a MH200NT and I loved the Jackson. Its so light weight and nible. The neck is incredible. I had an Ibanez bolt too before that. However, I bought a DK2T (same as DKMGT except for the inlays and headstock) because I love the sharkfins and the pointy. I love it more than the slsmg which is a neck-thru mahogany.

Dinky's built out of alder will have a brighter tone than the esp's made out of mahogany. So, what do you prefer? Also, the Dinky is made in japan and the ltd (not ESP) is made in korea. So, if you are looking to resell, you will lose quite a bit down the line. But you will lose more with the LTD than with the Jackson is my guess.

welcome to the forum.
                          Sam

Comment

I have read some bad Reviews on JCF website about Jackson DKMG with JT580 LP Locking Bridge system , many owners having Problem with it ,
                            so i would like your reviews on Jackson DKMG and the ESP LTD ..
                            Theres nothing wrong with the JT580LP trem. My oldest one is 11 years old and NO problems, still works perfectly. The ONLY problem that could arise is the trem arm being a little lose, but Ive had that happen on OFR's too so its moot. The DKMG is a great guitar, very comfortable arch, great features, not a super thin neck... an all around great guitar, impossible to beat for the money.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Then its either the Jackson DKMG or WRMG

what you guys think i should go for ?? DKMG OR WRMG
                              cause i really dig the WRMG look , is it comfortable ??

i had played a Jackson JS10 and KV , but never tried MG series cause i cannot find in any shop ..
                              =============
                              Personally i am not not into ESP's ,
                              i already had made my mind on DKMG / WRMG , but as i have gone through JCF forums
                              i found out people saying a flaw in JT580 LP Floyd rose ..

i once played a used Jackson 2004 model DKMG with O.F.R , the action was DEAD low , i really liked the Compound radius Fret board ..

but i really dunt know how 2006 model's are ?
                              and the problem about JT580LP Floyd rose system !!!
                              i need you guys to feed me about it ..
                              - Confused
                              I say go for the WRMG. I've played a couple and they are very very comfortable for both sitting and standing. There's a Warrior on Musicians Friend for around $700 with EMG's. I say go for that one.
                              My Main Rig:
                              '87 Charvel Model 4A
                              Peavey KB100 amp
                              Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                              '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                              '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                              '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                              '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                              '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Working...